Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

'Subscribed thread' emails

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 06:15 PM
Received 181 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 'Subscribed thread' emails

How do I stop receiving emails every time someone makes a post in a thread that I have posted in? I've emptied the 'subscribed thread' folder a couple of times. The fact that I post something in a thread does not mean that I want to be emailed every time that someone else posts in that thread. I can't find a setting that prevents this.

Old 06-16-2021, 06:55 PM
Received 4,280 Likes on 3,700 Posts

on the upper left corner of the forum page - click on User CP. When the page opens scroll down to Settings and Options and select Edit Options. Look for the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and change your selection, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

Old 06-16-2021, 11:46 PM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by POD XF
How do I stop receiving emails every time someone makes a post in a thread that I have posted in? I've emptied the 'subscribed thread' folder a couple of times. The fact that I post something in a thread does not mean that I want to be emailed every time that someone else posts in that thread. I can't find a setting that prevents this.
After doing the following:

Originally Posted by sklimii
on the upper left corner of the forum page - click on User CP. When the page opens scroll down to Settings and Options and select Edit Options. Look for the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and change your selection, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"
You will need to clear out any remaining in the Subscribed thread folder. This is because the software allows customized subscriptions, per thread. The option in the UserCP is the default (base) setting but it can be overridden per thread. So changing the option in the UserCP will not change the existing subscribed threads, thus requiring the two-step.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:00 AM
Received 181 Likes on 83 Posts

That's great, thank you both.