Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Technical Service Bulletins - TSB

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Received 226 Likes on 145 Posts
Lightbulb Technical Service Bulletins - TSB

Suggestion : A great add to the jag forum site would be an index of TSB's - preferably a database where you can key in e.g. model, year and get a listing of all tsb's.

Challenges: I know this maybe a "tall order" but if we can gather a few "experts" then with combined knowledge an index by model could be started. Maybe we start small and just do one model as a proof of concept. The database functionality may need some help from the forum owners to enable in the forum software. I think this forum functionality exists. Adding newly issued TSB's will always be a timeliness challenge and it would be unreasonable to expect this feature to be 100% accurate and up to date.

Justification: I my humble opinion the greatest volume of forum posts/reads are members asking questions on how to solve an issue they are experiencing with their jag. So many times such issues have already been identified by Jaguar and a TSB issued to solve/diagnose. In my limited time being as a forum participant, well some of you guys have been here a lot longer, I have taken every opportunity to save TSB information whenever it appears (on this site and from various search engines) and I still keep finding new TSB's popping up that apply to one of my cars. Similarly I have had multiple thanks when offering up a TSB to help someone's issue/knowledge and importantly from longer standing members. So clearly our memories are not perfect and our information storage lacking hence this suggestion.

OK lets have some feedback especially if anybody has a ready made solution(s) available.