Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Thread subscription emails

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 09:37 PM
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Thread subscription emails

I set my Default Thread Subscription option to Weekly email notification shortly after setting up this account. It's been a few days, but I'm still getting notifications anytime someone posts a reply in a thread I'm subscribed to, instead of on a weekly basis. I also tried the daily option and the never option, but those didn't seem to change anything. I don't use that email address often, but when I do check it, my inboxes are full of emails about thread replies. I'd like to keep it relatively free of spam email from forums. Am I doing something wrong?

Old 10-19-2017, 02:31 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

I have a separate email account specifically for the forum and my forum profile options set to No email notification:

Thread subscription emails-options.jpg
(click on the image to enlarge it)

This works. I still receive PM (Private Messages) and VM (Visitor messages) but no notifications from any subscribed threads.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
avern1 (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 04:33 AM

Yep, that's the spot I'm talking about. Mine seems to be broken I'll fiddle with it and maybe get it to work. Do you have to log out and back in for that to take effect?

Old 10-19-2017, 05:07 AM
GGG

Any changes should 'save' immediately but a regular logout and cache clear always helps to clear the accumulated internet junk.

You may want to prune your Subscriptions list too:

Thread subscription emails-subscriptions.jpg

I clear mine out when they hit 3000.

Graham

avern1 (10-19-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by GGG
I have a separate email account specifically for the forum and my forum profile options set to No email notification:

Attachment 204445
(click on the image to enlarge it)

This works. I still receive PM (Private Messages) and VM (Visitor messages) but no notifications from any subscribed threads.

Graham
I changed mine to No email notification just as it shows in your screenshot. I just checked my email and have three reply notifications in the last 20 minutes from the same thread. (The 100,000 in pictures thread) I guess I'm doomed to get email from the forum forever.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

Same problem. How do I change the email notification for a thread I've already subscribed to, from "daily" to "never"? Or from "never" to something else. Etc... I know you can set the default option, for new subs, but I don't see how to change the notification preference for an existing sub.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 12-07-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:19 AM
GGG

Go to User CP - Subscribed Threads - List Subscriptions. This returns a list of all your current thread subscriptions.

Check any you want to amend:

Use the Selected Threads options drop down to choose the new notification setting for the selected group.

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Thread subscription emails-subs.jpg  
15FTypeR (12-08-2017)