Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Trouble seeing posted images forum-wide

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 08:22 AM
Received 70 Likes on 21 Posts
Exclamation Trouble seeing posted images forum-wide

Hi

Recently (for about a month) I've not been able to see any images in posts, doesn't matter which thread / forum section I'm in.

After inspecting JavaScript console in my browser, I can see that the images are loaded but they're blocked by my browser (latest Chrome, desktop) due to failed Same-Origin policy.
This can usually be remedied by configuring the server to not enforce this policy, nothing sensible I can do from my browser point of view though (I don't want to disable security features).

Is anyone also experiencing this?
Is this maybe something that a moderator can convey to tech team?

Old 04-07-2023, 04:15 PM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

What you describe sounds due to using a VPN or 3rd party extensions that alter the loading of the site.

Originally Posted by Brachacz
Hi

Recently (for about a month) I've not been able to see any images in posts, doesn't matter which thread / forum section I'm in.

After inspecting JavaScript console in my browser, I can see that the images are loaded but they're blocked by my browser (latest Chrome, desktop) due to failed Same-Origin policy.
This can usually be remedied by configuring the server to not enforce this policy, nothing sensible I can do from my browser point of view though (I don't want to disable security features).

Is anyone also experiencing this?
Is this maybe something that a moderator can convey to tech team?

Old 04-09-2023, 11:53 AM
Received 70 Likes on 21 Posts

Huh, indeed it only happens to me when I'm connected to my home wifi (although consistently across all browsers), when I use hotspot, it all works.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!