Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Useless website

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Feathers
Search ***** RUIN it for everyone, forever.

Nothing like Googling for an answer to a car question, finding 20+ old threads on some forum, clicking each to open & read... only to find each has one response... "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE". Then, after you spend all evening digging through to find "where it was discussed before"... you find the images are broken because it was 15 years ago & the question never really got answered
That is the truest thing ever said on the internet ever. It has happened to me too.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by XJRChad
I've only been a member of this forum for one week, which is the same amount of time I've owned my Jag. In that time, I found a plethora of information and a simple fix, which saved me a trip to the dealer. I also viewed this forum as a guest before I bought the car. There was a ton of information on what to look for when buying a Jag.

Useless? Far from it...

I agree Chad,I've only been a member for 5 days and already had helpful info for my problem and heard from several really nice people!! I'm very happy with my membership!
DickC.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Obviously, some people don't properly read what I said. At no time did I say the content was useless, in fact I have had some very useful information although, occasionally, I haven't found what I wanted.

What I was complaining about as the fact that, until someone told me how, starting a new thread was totally unintuitive.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by John Duffy
Obviously, some people don't properly read what I said. At no time did I say the content was useless, in fact I have had some very useful information although, occasionally, I haven't found what I wanted.

What I was complaining about as the fact that, until someone told me how, starting a new thread was totally unintuitive.
John - I think the thread title "Useless website" kinda says perhaps, more than you meant to say?
Is that then correct?

On another note, if you feel that ( as most of us do I believe ) that this topic has been fully covered, we can close this thread down and move on.

Please advise

Thanks
Jim

Old 08-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I received an e-mail from Jim suggesting the thread be closed. Below is my response, however, when I sent the e-mail, it bounced back.
----------
I had a look yesterday to see if there was a way to close this thread but couldn't find one. Either I have a complete blind spot when it comes to this website or there is something wrong in the way it is structured, assuming, that is, a member can close a thread.

You are right, the way I phrased my comment did not really say what I intended. As you say, the subject has more than been covered. Please go ahead and close it.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 AM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

John, you are right that a mod is required to close a thread.
I agree with both yourself and Jim, so the thread is now closed.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

John - thanks for your comments and taking the time to reply. Its good that we're all agreed and the thread is now closed.

Norri - Thanks for getting to this and closing it up, much appreciated