Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Welsh Enterprises = spammers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,181 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Thumbs down Welsh Enterprises = spammers

For some time, Welsh Enterprises has been sending me spam. They come from anthony@welshent.com and are traceable to the pair networks commercial emailing service.

At first, I thought that they had rented the email address list from JF since Welsh Enterprises sells Jaguar parts.

Today, I tracked down their last email in the mail server logs.

It turns out that the addressee is not the email address associated with JF, but is instead an email address that is only used to receive inbound business queries. It has never been used for any other purpose including outbound email to any vendor or subscription to any lists. And certainly, the forwarding inbox is unable to perform any kind of opt-in. Double, or otherwise.

It only appears on a obscure web site. Hence, it must have been scraped by a mail bot. The mailbot may not necessarily have been run by Welsh Enterprises. They could just as easily have bought the list. But any experienced email marketer knows the difference between a clean list and a junk list. For one thing, clean lists with proven opt-in are never sold. They are rented on a usage basis.

Thus, the emails are clearly spam in both the normal understanding of the word and as defined under the CAN-SPAM act.

Pair Networks, their service provider will be notified of the violation in their terms of service shortly.

The following 2 users liked this post by plums:
BiggJim (04-01-2014), Stuart Beattie (04-19-2014)