Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

What’s up with this site?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 01:43 AM
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Exclamation What’s up with this site?

Relatively newbie here. Love the site, I’m reading a lot of good advice here. Thanks to all of you.

but WHAT THE HECK Is the deal with this site. Every ten minutes it signs me out all on its own so then I have to stop reading whatever thread I’m into to re-enter my credentials literally every 10 min, then every 5 min the page automatically refreshes and bounces back upt to post number one of whatever thread I’m in. It’s so annoying I eventually just give up and google whatever I want off-site. It shouldn’t be like that.

that can’t be on purpose, yet it’s constant no matter what device or what browser. I never make it past post 7 before it refreshes back to post one or flips out and goes back to the sign on screen for the 5th time in 15 min. What am I doing wrong? Please tell me, as I’d love to enjoy more than 15 min on JF before quitting out of frustration. Any help is appreciated as always.

Last edited by nersveen; 02-11-2020 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:27 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

We used to have a keep me logged in checkbox next to Username and Password but it has disappeared:

Having said that, I'm not being automatically signed out.

If Internet Brands don't respond to your question, I'll ask them to look at it.

Graham

Old 02-11-2020, 12:13 PM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
We used to have a keep me logged in checkbox next to Username and Password but it has disappeared:

Having said that, I'm not being automatically signed out.

If Internet Brands don't respond to your question, I'll ask them to look at it.

Graham
The Remember Me option was removed, some time ago, but the feature is actually used by default now. That means whenever you sign in, the Remember Me is automatically used. Technically, this means the log in is cookie-based and can last for approximately 1 year.

If you're getting logged out of Jaguar Forums unexpectedly, then it can only be one or more of the following:

1) You have corrupt browser cookies for Jaguar Forums.
Solution: Assuming you have a bad Jaguar Forums cookie in your browser, you will need to delete the cookies in your browser and revisit. Note, if you have Jaguar Forums set as a Bookmark/Favorite, you may need to de-select the Preserve Favorites data when deleting cookies. How you delete it depends on the browser being used and each of the major browsers has online support with instructions for doing so.

2) Your browser is set to delete files upon exit.
Solution: Either select Jaguar Forums as a Favorite and make sure Preserve Favorites Data is selected, or disable the delete files upon exit option. How you do this depends on the browser.

3) You're using 3rd party software that is removing browser files.
Solution: We can't provide support for 3d party software that may be altering the appearance and/or functionality of the website.

4) You're using the log out link.
Solution: Don't use the log out link!

5) You're getting logged out approximately every few hours and you're using a Google sign-in
Solution: This is considered normal as the Google sign-in is based on a session authentication and will expire when the session expires.

Corrupt cookies can happen to any website that uses browser cookies but when this specific issue occurs, it generally only occurs to one site at one given time. Websites generally use multiple browser cookies for their site and are unique for each site. So a corrupt browser cookie for one site is going to give issues for that site only.

Regarding the other issue, I've never heard of the screen scrolling automatically. It's possible Infinite scroll could be not working with your specific (modified?) environment, so you could try disabling it by going to UserCP and Edit Options and disable Infinite Scroll.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (02-11-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 07:43 PM
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Poblem Solved

I was, in fact, signing on using the Google option, and I did have infinite scrolling enabled. I have rectified both, thanks to you, and I don't seem to have either problem anymore. I knew there would be a logical explanation out there.

The following users liked this post:
Cafcpete (02-16-2020)