Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

x type flashing glowplug light

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x type flashing glowplug light

For those members who have had this problem, including the car cutting out or going into limp mode. Here's my story (andfix) hope it helps! My 2004 2.0D was doing this on a regular basis. After a visit to my local trusted garage they plugged in the OBii fault finding gizmo but found no fault codes. After some advice in the forum i cleaned out the E.G.R. Valve thoroughly and replaced it. Fault still occured. Next checked through all the engine wiring loom icould get to around the engine bay and found the alternator to battery supply cable chafing on a steel power steering pipe and causing a short ! BINGO ! Repaired cable and cabletied out of the way. I thought i'd found the problem nope! Fault still occured. Next stop M.A.F. Sensor (as this can become sooty with carbon deposits if the airfilter has not been changed regularly enough) a good tip on the forum i had read as jag only change it every third service! And mine had been serviced by jaguar. It involves the removal of the sensor via two torxhead screws, its situated on top of the plastic air inlet pipe (filter to turbo). After a thorough squirt of electrical component cleaner and gentle blow dry.....BINGO!! No problems 400 miles on