Jaguar Press release latest press releases, updates, info, pics and videos

C-x75

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Default C-x75

Jaguar has released information regarding the C-X75 Concept which is basically Jaguar's version of an electric/hybrid/something supercar.

My source is autoblog.com. There are some pictures and a video.

Personally, I see a ton of Maserati in it. Replace the Growler on the grill and replace it with a Trident and it's a Maser. I feel the rear windshield is a little too small resulting in a larger than necessary B-pillar and a not so asthetically pleasing rear deck. Speaking of the rear deck, it seems to follow modern trends resulting in an unnecessarily fat ***... though that larger than necessary *** could be looked as as excess muscle (if it were a rearish engined car). From certain angles, the rear quarter panels look a little disproportionately large, but from other angles they look perfect.

Overall, I love the looks of it. Looks like a perfect candidate for a replacement for the XJ220 (please throw in a S/C V8 or god forbid a 12 and I'll sacrifice my first born son... that's because I won't have room to bring him along!)

The best part is that it's high tech, thoroughly modern but yet simple and elegant. A near perfect design for a Jaguar.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Great post Fed - this gives a whole new meaning of the phrase 'British Racing Green' - sent chills down my spine when I read about it.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I've read a couple stories on this already today (Jaguar/local dealerships/other have been spamming it allover facebook).

The overall design looks very Xj220 with some modern cues from the Maserati GT, and the 2010 Xk. The tail lights look very BMW Z8. The car's rear is shockingly large. Most cars have a nice set of love handles (Aston, new Xk, 911), but that just seems excessive. I think the front end could use some smoothing out. If the car comes to market, hopefully it will look a bit more normal, and follow some of the current Jaguar styling cues on the market.

Now, the interior. It looks like a spaceship! I really hope that when you drive it it does a countdown from 10, and leaves streaks of fire on the pavement if you take off at full throttle. Strange, when I saw the car, I imagined the interior looking a bit like it does, just darker with a forests worth of walnut (pretty much where all of the blue light is).

This is my favourite part "The C-X75 is a pure concept – there are no plans to make it. The point, rather, is to show what kind of Jaguar might exist were such a cat unchained from any production consideration." Which pretty much states, Here is this really crazy looking car. We're not going to make it. We just spent all of this time/money for the s**ts and giggles.