Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New and improved XJ6 bonnet stay

For Sale

Old 06-24-2019 | 04:01 PM
|

Eric Harten

I received a PayPal transmission for $43 for New Bonnet Stay
Thank you
Please forward your mailing address

Rgds
David

Last edited by David84XJ6; 06-24-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-25-2019 | 11:08 PM
|

XJ6 Forum Members

New and Improved XJ6 Bonnet Stay ... program update

18 units have been requested, 15 units shipped and 2 units remain available ..from the initial batch of 20 sets.

Thank you all for yours support and helpful feed-back. This has helped others fit their units, where minor tweaking was required for fit or alignment.

Best Regards
David

Old 08-06-2019 | 05:23 PM
Default Bonnet stay request

Hi David,
I am a new member from the UK and a new Series 3 XJ6 owner (I bought myself a retirement present).
I have been reading about your clever extended opening bonnet stay. Having bumped my head a few times already I would love one of your kits.
If you have any left, can you give me a price to supply and ship to the UK and how you would like payment.

Kind regards
Ray

Old 08-06-2019 | 11:09 PM
|
Default New and improved XJ6 bonnet stay

Originally Posted by XJRAYUK
Hi David,
I am a new member from the UK and a new Series 3 XJ6 owner (I bought myself a retirement present).
I have been reading about your clever extended opening bonnet stay. Having bumped my head a few times already I would love one of your kits.
If you have any left, can you give me a price to supply and ship to the UK and how you would like payment.

Kind regards
Ray
Ray, Thank you for your Inquiry

Purchase Instructions:

Payment can be by PayPal price to UK .... $76.00 US including priority shipping

Once you are logged-in to your PayPal account, use " SEND MONEY function to { davmcelroy@cs.com }

If you use PayPal, please send your address to me via “ Forum Private E-mail” and include reference number from PayPal confirmation of money sent, so I can acknowledge receipt.

Kit includes: All Hardware, Assembly Drawing and Installation Instructions

If you don't have PayPal, You can find the Kit listed on E-Bay US, XJ6 Jaguar New and Improve Hood hold open support

Let me know what works for you

Thanks again
Best Rgds
David

Old 08-07-2019 | 06:17 AM
Default Bonnet Stay Purchase

Hi David,
I have made a payment of $76 to your PayPal account.
As a new member it seems that I am not yet able to PM you to give you my shipping details and the transaction number.
If it's OK with you I will send those details to your PayPal email address.

Kind regards
Ray

Old 08-19-2019 | 06:04 PM
|

Ray

I noticed that there was an attempted delivery on the 16th, but no confirmation of final delivery. Have you received your Bonnet Stay Kit??

Rgds
David

August 16, 2019, 2:50 am
Attempted Delivery Abroad
UNITED KINGDOM
We attempted to deliver your item in UNITED KINGDOM at 2:50 am on August 16, 2019.

Old 08-20-2019 | 09:40 AM

Hello David,
Just to let you know that the bonnet stay arrived today and has been fitted.
I had to do it outside in slightly windy conditions but, using a support front and back, managed to do it quite easily.
I had to leave the Jam Nut off on the bonnet link side as, with it on, the links were about a ¼ inch apart. I don’t see this causing a problem but I’ll keep an eye on it.
I didn’t measure the original opening but I now get 42 inches, which is so much better. I may cut a notch in the plastic bumper trim part to give me a bit more room at a later date, I’ll see how I get on first.
I’m looking forward to having a lot more room, no danger of the bonnet falling on me in the slightest breeze (which has happened on a couple of occasions) and less stabs in the back from the striker pegs while working at the front of the engine bay.
Thanks for a very useful invention.

Kind regards

Old 08-20-2019 | 04:17 PM
|

Ray
Was a little taken back by the customs fees, I hope after you are out of EU, you get a break on older cars for importing bits and pieces.
Glad to hear you are up and running and have made necessary adjustments for car specific fit.
Thank you & all the best
Rgds
David

Old 08-21-2019 | 04:50 AM

I was rather surprised by the import fees too.
Apparently anything over £39 arriving from outside the EU attracts import VAT at 20% (£12.20 in this case), then Royal Mail charge a fee of £12 for collecting and passing on that VAT so £24.20 (approx 30 USD) in all! I'm not sure whether it's an EU rule or one of our own but I don't see it changing anytime soon.
It does make the bonnet stay rather expensive overall but still worth it.
Thanks again.

Regards
Ray