Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Jag F-Type R Convertible 4 Sale! Only 4400 miles. Needs new engine.

For Sale

Old 09-30-2019 | 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jssaab
He Destroyed the engine with a crank pulley and bad tune... not covered under warranty due to the modifications
It would be nice to know the identity of the tuner.

Old 09-30-2019 | 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Assuming he's legit, what choices does he have? Either (1) fix it and keep it for a while and then sell it or (2) sell it now. Either way it'll cost him money, which he appears to have no shortage of. It's much harder to sell a car that doesn't run (particularly with a blown engine) than one that runs because the Buyer can't determine what other problems exist and will knock the price down because of the unknowns. That's why it hasn't sold. If I were the Seller, I'd fix it, drive it for a year or so, and then sell it. I'd probably have many eager buyers lined up and lose less that way. Just my
Yeah he is "waiting for someone who appreciates the mods" and is willing to buy a car that does not run (my words here) fat chance. Goes down in value every year.

Custom mods are only worth money to the person who ordered them

It would be nice to know the identity of the tuner.
Yeash My thought precisely. Not sure it was a tune mechanic says engine oil starvation.

Last edited by Jssaab; 10-04-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-01-2019 | 01:53 PM

Between all the links within links and the repeated crashes of my iPad I have spend much too much time on the interesting extended story. I admit to running the the two car stories together and wondering if anyone has actually seen this car. It would be such a typical Miami twist if this whole listing is just a scam with the story of woe based on that California car.

Reading of the 4,000 mile California car blown up in pursuit of a few extra hp, I was made feel fortunate my modified EuroCharged SRT6 was completely trouble free during my ownership as my stock 4.2na S-Type has been. The fixes needed here are all big numbered. Seemily they are large enough to warrant going after the tuner if that has not been done.

As a kid I often roamed the Orange Motors (predecessor of The Collection) lot. It is there I developed a life long interest in English cars. I imagine the DeMaria family is no longer involved but through them I was exposed to Minis, modified E-types and TVRs

If I was the seller I would sell off of the mods and use those funds to purchase an engine from a wreck if this one cannot be rebuilt as stock or modified. I agree too much is left untested if the car is not running. But, again, these numbers are so large I have no experience in that realm.

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 10-01-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-02-2019 | 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR

If I was the seller I would sell off of the mods and use those funds to purchase an engine from a wreck if this one cannot be rebuilt as stock or modified. I agree too much is left untested if the car is not running. But, again, these numbers are so large I have no experience in that realm.
I offered that, said I will even pull the parts and ship for him. No dice.

I have an alert for the VIN if it hits co-part.

Old 10-03-2019 | 03:38 AM
Veteran Member
Default Doesn't Pass My Smell Test

Originally Posted by Jssaab
Yeah he is "waiting for someone who appreciates the mods" and is willing to buy a car that does not run (my words here) fat chance. Goes down in value every year.

Custom mods are only worth money to the person who ordered them

Yeash My thought precisely. Not sure it was a tune mechanic says engine oil starvation.

Story here: Story of the 4,400 mile blown engine F-Type
I'm puzzled by the facts.
That story was posted in 2017 by Forum member JVIII, the owner of this dead cat.
This For Sale ad was posted in 2019 by Forum member DamesJagFtpeR.

Why didn't Forum member JVIII post this For Sale ad?
Why hold onto a car with a blown engine for over 2 years before putting it up for sale?
Did DamesJagFtypeR buy this car from JVIII and is now trying to flip it?
There are lots of Forum members in Miami, but no one has seen it?

This is very suspicious, and doesn't add up to being legitimate. Good scammers are very convincing and use accomplices and photos of real cars and documents to get you to send them a deposit without actually seeing the car and title in person. Don't be a sucker.

This smells like a scam to me.

Old 10-03-2019 | 08:57 AM

That story was posted in 2017 by Forum member JVIII, the owner of this dead cat.

Why hold onto a car with a blown engine for over 2 years before putting it up for sale?

This is very suspicious, and doesn't add up to being legitimate. Good scammers are very convincing and use accomplices and photos of real cars and documents to get you to send them a deposit without actually seeing the car and title in person. Don't be a sucker.

..... and did it go from coast to coast, white to gray to white, lose a batman sticker and a hardtop as well ?

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 10-03-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-04-2019 | 11:10 AM

I don't think they are the same car, I had thought it was, my bad. I know they were both trying to prove the engine was bad w/o mods

. Dames is owner's Fiance, she wants the car gone (that makes sense, they always do) Was in her garage now in storage.

It's his baby, dream car set-up as his dream (we've all been there as well) . He fought with JLR for over a year, as well as the tuner and dealership

See above

No one else called AFAIK

I called the dealership asked to look at the service records. They know the car...

Been talking to her, pretty sure its not a scam, they offered to let a friend of mine in Miami to take a look at it any time. Never asked for a dime, actually walked when I offered the 33K figuring I could do the engine myself for around 15K.

Car fax put the car at retail at 67K. I don;t care about the Carbon brakes of HRE wheels or Alacantra headliner and upgraded leathter. the car ( in their mind) was worth the 170K they have into it (120k + wheels 12K Exhaust 12K, Custom leather 10K, engine work plus labor its up there. I don't doubt the 170K all in price, just not what anyone would ever want to pay. I had a custom car shop years ago and we had people pay 70k to make widebody and custom wheels on a Lexus LF. Waste of money to anyone with a brain.

They are not being reasonable. Scammers will make a deal far less than the item is worth. always in a hurry, These guys are not willing to budge, that's why the car is not going anywhere. I lost interest.

Last edited by Jssaab; 10-04-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-04-2019 | 05:43 PM
Veteran Member

If it's not a scam, then the seller is delusional.
A delusion is a scam on one's mind.
It's still a scam, just self-inflicted.

Old 10-05-2019 | 10:51 AM

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a............................

Old 10-05-2019 | 07:27 PM

Been talking to her, pretty sure its not a scam, they offered to let a friend of mine in Miami to take a look at it any time. Never asked for a dime, actually walked when I offered the 33K figuring I could do the engine myself for around 15K.

On 6-29-19 the asking price in bold red numbers says $33,131 in the heading and on the first line.Declining $33,000 these months later is not what I would expect. Just more weirdness or sloppy cut and paste ad writing from a failed auction to go with the lack of response by the seller.

Respecting this is not my car I am going to quit commenting on this thread beyond mentioning I once bought a 4,000 mile 1980 Lotus in 1987 that had been tied up in a Miami court case concerning some warranty issue all those years. So it can happen.

I just hate to see it sit with what that does to a car. My hopes are it gets resolved before the mice get to chewing. It is a beautiful car.

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 10-05-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-09-2019 | 05:25 AM
Default Are you selling the old wheels?

Im in miami . Where in miami are you located ?

Old 10-11-2019 | 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR

On 6-29-19 the asking price in bold red numbers says $33,131 in the heading and on the first line.Declining $33,000 these months later is not what I would expect. Just more weirdness or sloppy cut and paste ad writing from a failed auction to go with the lack of response by the seller.

Respecting this is not my car I am going to quit commenting on this thread beyond mentioning I once bought a 4,000 mile 1980 Lotus in 1987 that had been tied up in a Miami court case concerning some warranty issue all those years. So it can happen.

I just hate to see it sit with what that does to a car. My hopes are it gets resolved before the mice get to chewing. It is a beautiful car.
Yeah its s sin for sure. Teh 33,100 was the cost to repair. Saw on one of the estimates

Originally Posted by jaguarloyalist
Im in miami . Where in miami are you located ?
I asked already old wheels are gone

Old 10-13-2019 | 06:26 AM
Veteran Member

***BUYER BEWARE***

Old 12-13-2019 | 10:56 AM
|

Thank you. This car has been sold. It was spoked to be posted at $65K. The system would not allow me to change the assigned # in red! I am trying to delete all now. Where’s the delete button? Ty.

Old 12-13-2019 | 10:59 AM

listing is marked as sold so it will drop off, no need to delete