Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TIBBE KEYS made!

For Sale

Miscellaneous

01-02-2020, 03:45 PM | Replies: 104 | Views: 18567

• Price
    $39
  • Location Fernley, NV, 89408, USA
  • Condition New
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Jaguar X-Type 2002 - 2008
Jaguar S-Type 2000 - 2008
Jaguar XJ 1998 - 2008
Jaguar XK 1997 - 2006
Description:

I needed a key for my X-Type, and didn't like the unavailability (and the prices which come with rarity). Since I already have a hobby business making dog tags, I took a suggestion and ended up buying a machine, Tibbe adapter and supplies.

"We're" now able to supply Tibbe keys, cut to code, at a price better than any I've seen. They are sent from rural Nevada.

I can also supply stainless steel key and equipment tags (which look suspiciously like military dog tags, including being debossed), 5 lines with 15 characters per line, and a couple of different styles of tag available.

==

Tibbe Key Ordering Instructions

Tibbe keys from Tagwagon are precision-cut on an HPC Blitz key machine, directly from the code which you supply. This means that every key is machined to exact factory specifications, without the decades of wear that the original key has taken.

We can usually offer your choice of:

6-cut (X-Type, S-Type):

Standard Transponder Key, NOT programmed ($39.00)

Key WITHOUT Transponder ($25.00)

Original-type Flip Key with key fob, NOT programmed ($110.00)

Replacement Blade (only) for original key fob ($25.00)

8-cut (XK, XJ)
Standard Transponder Key, NOT programmed ($43.00)

Key WITHOUT Transponder ($29.00)

Key without transponder, will operate locks. You can add a transponder later, or reuse your current chip.

Prices include sending keys by mail to any US address. For international addresses or other shipping methods, contact us before ordering for price quote.

Availability is subject to change, depending on supply availability; PM me here for more information (email address pending).

Multiple Orders: If ordering three or more keys in a SINGLE order, take 10% off (mix 'n match key types). If ordering more than 10 keys in a single order, 20% off. Large orders may need to be sent in more than one shipment (depending on our stock on hand).

We try to get all orders in the mail within one week -- however, as these keys are not in common use here in the United States, sometimes we have to wait a few days for our suppliers to get us the stuff we need. Please be patient.

Your order must include:

Make, model and year of vehicle

Number of cuts on key (6 or 8)

Code of key cuts (from bow to tip, see below)

Number of each type of key desired

Your name, mailing address, email address and phone number

There are three easy ways to order.

The first and best way is if you can provide the original key code. This may be on your original documentation as a string of numbers, usually starting with the letter T, one digit per key position, between 1 and 4 (such as T423121 or T32123221). You can also read the codes yourself (see instructions below).

Second best is to send us a known-good key. DO NOT SEND YOUR ONLY KEY!!! These orders have top priority, and we will attempt to get the new key(s) made and in the mail within 2 business days of receipt (NO extra fee for this rush service)! PM or email for the address to send the key, and you MUST email us when the key is sent.

The third way is to email 6 photos: Photos 1 and 2 are pics of the entire key from each side; Photos 3 and 4 are close-ups of just the actual cuts (each side, with the ley laying flat) and Photos 5 and 6 are close-ups of the cuts from each side with the key tilted at a 45-degree angle (showing the cut pattern). As keys wear with use, the better the photos, the more accurate our reading of the codes. If we guess wrong (worn keys can be a challenge to read), send back the goofed key (you pay to send back) and we will try again at no cost (and we pay to mail the new one to you).

READING TIBBE KEYS:

Tibbe key codes are read from the Bow end (that you hold) to the Tip. Each Tibbe key has either 2 or 3 cut angles for each position.

On the early, 8-position Tibbe keys, the cuts are No Cut (Angle #1) Medium (Angle #2) -- roughly halfway between Flat and Full -- and Full (Angle #3), cut nearly all the way to the rib.

On the later, 6-position Tibbe keys, there are 3 cut angles. No Cut (Angle #1), Shallow (Angle #2), Deep (Angle #3) and Full (Angle #4), which is almost to the rib or actually at the rib.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 897 Posts

Good Show, Sir...
Thanks for what you, DO!

Old 01-03-2020, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Oh this is excellent! Can this also be done to make a Valet key?

Old 01-03-2020, 09:54 PM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm not sure what is different about a Valet key from the standard key.

The following users liked this post:
frankc (01-30-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 jaguar stype 3.0L

Lost original key but I do have the valet key but the chip is missing so I got a used key and ignition what should I do now

Old 01-04-2020, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,794 Likes on 1,316 Posts

When the valet button is pushed and the valet key handed to, well the valet, ...it won't open the glove box or the boot. Its missing the filing on it, ..so you can convert a valet key to a regular key, but not vise versa. Almost seemingly a waste IMHO.

Muncie6spd (01-30-2020)
Old 01-05-2020, 09:33 AM
Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Pro

Programming?

If I am to understand correctly. You can cut but not program a tibbe key. Programming is still required to be done by dealer?
is there a non dealer source to program tibbe keys?

I called two separate dealers here in midwest . Both want around 200$ for a cut and programmed key ready to go. Programming is 90 $ of the costs.
Both dealers were specific that they would not program a key unless purchased at their dealership.
So if i bought a cheaper cut key without being programmed what good is it other than to unlock the doors?

I am all for bypassing the dealer experiencewhen it comes to keys and fobs ( or anything for that matter) .
I also want to support entrepreneurial forum members who have a value added service for all of us.
So please enlighten me as to the programming options for aftermarket keys ?
I have 3 jaguars each having only one key with no spare. Thanks, Ronn

Old 01-05-2020, 10:44 AM

I'm still getting up to speed on programming, but most auto locksmiths have the programmer -- and do NOT want to cut Tibbe keys, so they might be more interested in doing the chip for you.

When (if) I am able to program transponders, this will be an additional $60 AND you will need to send a key to clone from.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts

Very Good . Let us all know when you are able to program keys also. Thanks.

Old 01-06-2020, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 370 Posts

perfect! I just bouight a new FOB and programmed it but i dont have the key cut. So i will be sending it your way!

Old 01-08-2020, 08:56 PM
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Link to Diddion's post showing the difference between Valet and Master keys:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...0/#post2160803

GGG's post right after it has more pictures.

Other than the work around of cloning a key, the dealer method actually programs the car to accept the particular key transponder. Software and the cable to do this are available for approximately the usual dealer price to do one key. That software and cable can also be used to set all of the dealer options.

Remember that the key FOB is paired to the car to remotely lock and unlock the doors, and the key TRANSPONDER (internal to the key) is paired to the car to allow that key to start the car. These are two independent functions. The FOB can be paired using a technique described in the stickies; the TRANSPONDER requires dealer-type programming (or, alternatively, key cloning).

Last edited by bakntyme; 01-08-2020 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 995 Likes on 676 Posts

The valet keys have a green head and the tip is different as shown in the link just above.

In case you didn't know yet, there was no programming used in USA Jaguars until the 1998 model year (1997+ for the new XK8 I believe). UK and many of the Rest of World cars before 1998 DO have programmed keys. Good luck, this is a valuable service at a good price.

Last edited by SleekJag12; 01-08-2020 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Deleted redundant info
Old 01-09-2020, 04:21 PM

That solves a minor mystery, that had delayed my start with this. The first batch of 6-cut blanks that I got did not have the tip milled, and I had figured that the distributor had labeled TC keys incorrectly, but evidently they are Valet key profile. These came with transponders.

Old 01-09-2020, 05:20 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATES !!!

1) I am now able to produce CLONED keys. To do this, you must send me a working ignition key, and email me to let me know when you send it. These will get top priority turnaround, but remember that I do this in my spare time, away from a job that usually sucks up (only) 12 - 14 hours per day, so it might be a couple of days before I can get this done and on the way back.

These will be done with the XHorse SuperChip transponders. I did the first of these for my own X-Type and succeeded.

CLONED KEY, Complete (Key, cut, cloned and Priority Mail return shipping):
6-cut = $62
8-cut = $65
Yes, FedEx is available for whatever additional that might cost, but probably would only cut a day or so off.

These cars use the same transponder protocol:
X-Type 2000 - 2008
S-Type 1999 - 2008
XJ 2003 - 2007
XJ8 2004 - 2009
XJR 2004 - 2009
Standard ("glass") transponder keys will continue to be available for getting cloning done by your preferred vendor.

Your pre-2005, Tibbe-key car not listed? I MAY be able to clone that chip. If you order a cloned key and my Key Tool can't do that transponder, you can have the key at the Without Transponder price, OR you can send your ignition key and if I can't clone it, you don't have to buy any keys at all.

2) Fobs : I have just received some flip fobs. They look right, but I have not yet verified that they behave properly. More on these later, including pricing.

3) Valet Keys : You do NOT want to know what I would have to pay for the complete Valet key with chip.

4) My 8-cut blanks were delayed, and will ship to me on this upcoming Monday. I should get them in time to cut the keys on my day off (Thursday) and get them out the door. This delay means that if you want to change your order to a CLONED key, we can do that!

Last edited by Sone; 01-09-2020 at 05:24 PM.
JagSter63 (01-28-2021)
Old 01-09-2020, 05:28 PM

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS !!!

I can be reached at keys@tagwagon.com -- please use this for info, ordering, etc.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:11 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Keys

Sent u an email Sone.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by Sone
IMPORTANT UPDATES !!!

1) I am now able to produce CLONED keys. To do this, you must send me a working ignition key, and email me to let me know when you send it. These will get top priority turnaround, but remember that I do this in my spare time, away from a job that usually sucks up (only) 12 - 14 hours per day, so it might be a couple of days before I can get this done and on the way back.

These will be done with the XHorse SuperChip transponders. I did the first of these for my own X-Type and succeeded.

CLONED KEY, Complete (Key, cut, cloned and Priority Mail return shipping):
6-cut = $62
8-cut = $65
Yes, FedEx is available for whatever additional that might cost, but probably would only cut a day or so off.

These cars use the same transponder protocol:
X-Type 2000 - 2008
S-Type 1999 - 2008
XJ 2003 - 2007
XJ8 2004 - 2009
XJR 2004 - 2009
Standard ("glass") transponder keys will continue to be available for getting cloning done by your preferred vendor.

Your pre-2005, Tibbe-key car not listed? I MAY be able to clone that chip. If you order a cloned key and my Key Tool can't do that transponder, you can have the key at the Without Transponder price, OR you can send your ignition key and if I can't clone it, you don't have to buy any keys at all.

2) Fobs : I have just received some flip fobs. They look right, but I have not yet verified that they behave properly. More on these later, including pricing.

3) Valet Keys : You do NOT want to know what I would have to pay for the complete Valet key with chip.

4) My 8-cut blanks were delayed, and will ship to me on this upcoming Monday. I should get them in time to cut the keys on my day off (Thursday) and get them out the door. This delay means that if you want to change your order to a CLONED key, we can do that!

You can't clone the X100 XK8/XKR key from 1997 - 2006?

Old 01-10-2020, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question-?

I am glad you can make copies of the keys!

Our only ignition key got lost and I wanted to know if there is any possibility if you can make a copy of it? It's for my 98 XJ8?

Old 01-13-2020, 12:57 AM
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

sone,

i recently bought a '05 xkr that only came with one key & fob...did some digging and calling around and came across a locksmith in arlington texas that did not know (until he tried for me) that he was actually able to do all the magic stuff to some "flip key" that i acquired thru ebay...had to wait awhile so china could make and mail (you could do in bulk?); however it was worth the wait and now i have three keys...i put the original in the safe...
my point here is...would you like to contact him to find out the gee-wiz box he used ? to add to your capability and assistance to the brotha's here in the forum ?

...just a thought/ offering...

max

ShootJoeC (05-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2020, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by giandanielxk8
You can't clone the X100 XK8/XKR key from 1997 - 2006?
I THINK I can, but won't know until I try one. The list that I made all use the same transponder as the X-type, while earlier Jag series use a different type of chip.

The cloner that I have does a special kind of chip which replaces a number of different chips, but the spec sheets are very much like Jaguar service literature -- mostly for moral support! -- and doesn't tell me if the Megamos protocols are supported. One list says "All Jaguar" compatibility, but until I actually see it happen, I'm not going to promise anything.