Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TIBBE KEYS made!

For Sale

Old 02-18-2022, 12:20 PM
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCJAG2006
Dan. How can you program the transponder yourself ?? I thought that requires dealer level software ?
I plan to follow this :

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...q-87749/page2/

Haven't tried it yet .
Notice section "do it yourself approach". But you need two working keys .

Old 02-18-2022, 12:54 PM

Has anyone tried this?

Old 02-21-2022, 11:42 AM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Yes, looks like T421231.

Old 02-21-2022, 11:46 AM

There are two transponder options.

The OEM transponder is preprogrammed with a code, and you have to tell the car to accept. There are a limited number of codes which can be programmed.

There are also transponders which can be cloned, so that they have the same code as a chip that the car already accepts, and there is no limit to the number of these which can be used.

Originally Posted by Tigre
I plan to follow this :

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...q-87749/page2/

Haven't tried it yet .
Notice section "do it yourself approach". But you need two working keys .

Old 08-05-2022, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I have just purchased a 2006 Jaguar XK8, but it only has one key. I have read your post, and I am hoping that you can help me. I will try to find the kjey code. Is the VIN helpful in replacing a key?

Thanks and best regards

Anthony Betz
judo3823@hotmail.com

Old 08-06-2022, 07:30 PM

The Tibbe key code can be determined from a couple of good photos. Please PM me for more info or to send me the pics.

Originally Posted by alpha4
Hi, I have just purchased a 2006 Jaguar XK8, but it only has one key. I have read your post, and I am hoping that you can help me. I will try to find the kjey code. Is the VIN helpful in replacing a key?

Thanks and best regards

Anthony Betz
judo3823@hotmail.com

Old 10-05-2022, 04:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Are you still cutting Tribbe Keys and how much 1999 XJ8L. You can do this with photos

are you still cutting Tribbe keys?

Originally Posted by Sone
I needed a key for my X-Type, and didn't like the unavailability (and the prices which come with rarity). Since I already have a hobby business making dog tags, I took a suggestion and ended up buying a machine, Tibbe adapter and supplies.

"We're" now able to supply Tibbe keys, cut to code, at a price better than any I've seen. They are sent from rural Nevada.

I can also supply stainless steel key and equipment tags (which look suspiciously like military dog tags, including being debossed), 5 lines with 15 characters per line, and a couple of different styles of tag available.

==

Tibbe Key Ordering Instructions

Tibbe keys from Tagwagon are precision-cut on an HPC Blitz key machine, directly from the code which you supply. This means that every key is machined to exact factory specifications, without the decades of wear that the original key has taken.

We can usually offer your choice of:

6-cut (X-Type, S-Type):

Standard Transponder Key, NOT programmed ($39.00)

Key WITHOUT Transponder ($25.00)

Original-type Flip Key with key fob, NOT programmed ($110.00)

Replacement Blade (only) for original key fob ($25.00)

8-cut (XK, XJ)
Standard Transponder Key, NOT programmed ($43.00)

Key WITHOUT Transponder ($29.00)

Key without transponder, will operate locks. You can add a transponder later, or reuse your current chip.

Prices include sending keys by mail to any US address. For international addresses or other shipping methods, contact us before ordering for price quote.

Availability is subject to change, depending on supply availability; PM me here for more information (email address pending).

Multiple Orders: If ordering three or more keys in a SINGLE order, take 10% off (mix 'n match key types). If ordering more than 10 keys in a single order, 20% off. Large orders may need to be sent in more than one shipment (depending on our stock on hand).

We try to get all orders in the mail within one week -- however, as these keys are not in common use here in the United States, sometimes we have to wait a few days for our suppliers to get us the stuff we need. Please be patient.

Your order must include:

Make, model and year of vehicle

Number of cuts on key (6 or 8)

Code of key cuts (from bow to tip, see below)

Number of each type of key desired

Your name, mailing address, email address and phone number

There are three easy ways to order.

The first and best way is if you can provide the original key code. This may be on your original documentation as a string of numbers, usually starting with the letter T, one digit per key position, between 1 and 4 (such as T423121 or T32123221). You can also read the codes yourself (see instructions below).

Second best is to send us a known-good key. DO NOT SEND YOUR ONLY KEY!!! These orders have top priority, and we will attempt to get the new key(s) made and in the mail within 2 business days of receipt (NO extra fee for this rush service)! PM or email for the address to send the key, and you MUST email us when the key is sent.

The third way is to email 6 photos: Photos 1 and 2 are pics of the entire key from each side; Photos 3 and 4 are close-ups of just the actual cuts (each side, with the ley laying flat) and Photos 5 and 6 are close-ups of the cuts from each side with the key tilted at a 45-degree angle (showing the cut pattern). As keys wear with use, the better the photos, the more accurate our reading of the codes. If we guess wrong (worn keys can be a challenge to read), send back the goofed key (you pay to send back) and we will try again at no cost (and we pay to mail the new one to you).

READING TIBBE KEYS:

Tibbe key codes are read from the Bow end (that you hold) to the Tip. Each Tibbe key has either 2 or 3 cut angles for each position.

On the early, 8-position Tibbe keys, the cuts are No Cut (Angle #1) Medium (Angle #2) -- roughly halfway between Flat and Full -- and Full (Angle #3), cut nearly all the way to the rib.

On the later, 6-position Tibbe keys, there are 3 cut angles. No Cut (Angle #1), Shallow (Angle #2), Deep (Angle #3) and Full (Angle #4), which is almost to the rib or actually at the rib.

Old 10-06-2022, 02:25 AM

Yes, but the prices have changed a bit.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:30 AM
Default Key

I have called 3 dealerships in in the New Orleans area. Not one codes a 99 xj8. So my only thought is to get a new key cut without it being coded and teather my only key to the ignition so I don’t lose it. Use the newly cut key to open the door. Do you have any other ideas? I’m so bummed. I’ve called locksmiths, repair shops, with no luck. I’ve called as far away as Mobile Al. Do you know if there is a cider device I can purchase myself?

How much for a new cut key with transponder and without that will. open my doors? I now only have my valet key.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:35 AM

Sorry, not cider device. Just a device I can purchase to program the key?

Old 10-18-2022, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Crystal Wells
I have called 3 dealerships in in the New Orleans area. Not one codes a 99 xj8.
Call LOCKSMITHS. Dealerships are generally prohibited from handling cars older than 7 years, due to liability issues.

Locksmiths can decode and clone most transponders -- what very, very, very FEW will do is the actual Tibbe key itself. Thus, I can cut the keys and they can clone the transponders for them.

Call local locksmiths, and ask what they would charge to clone your chip, and make it clear that you will be supplying the key if they can't.

The 8-cut Tibbe key (without transponder) is $37. Shipping is $5 for a single key, $10 for two or more being sent on the same order.

Old 10-18-2022, 02:35 PM
Default Ok thank you

I will give it a try do you have a private email address to send photos of my valet key or how should I send them?

Old 10-18-2022, 04:16 PM
Default My Valet key

Old 10-18-2022, 04:17 PM
Default My valet key

This is the only key I now have. Please tell me how to send payment for one transponder key

1999 XJ8L

Old 10-18-2022, 05:21 PM

Is the 1999 XJ8L an 8 cut key?

It looks to me it may be a T13431414.

Last edited by Tigre; 10-18-2022 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-18-2022, 05:43 PM

I had sent same photos to guy in eBay earlier. This is what he said.

“Hi, I can cut a key to fit your key, your key cuts is 12321313
I don't know if your key needs a chip or not.
you will need to get a tubular key with 8 cuts (make sure is not the 6 cuts)
if you need a chip in the key it needs to be (Megamos Crypto 48) (ID48)
so this listing is for cutting only you will need to send me the key and I will cut it for you if you want I have a listing that includes the keys. you can see it in the following listing”

Seems like numbers are different. What do you think?

Last edited by Crystal Wells; 10-18-2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:07 PM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes the latest key code from the locksmith on this thread is correct, the detail being an 8 cut and the chip required is also correct. You need to find a locksmith near you to clone your key from your original. Or have both keys reprogrammed to the car.

Old 10-18-2022, 06:25 PM
Smile thank you

Could you please be specific as to which key code you feel is correct since they are both from different locksmiths? Thank you.

Old 10-18-2022, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Crystal Wells
Could you please be specific as to which key code you feel is correct since they are both from different locksmiths? Thank you.

My key code was incorrect. There is no 4 cut. sorry.

Old 10-18-2022, 06:45 PM
Default how do I then order this cut

Always good to have another opinion....

So how do I then order the cut from you? Do you have an order form you can send through a private message?

Crystal Wells