Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum Shifter Trim Plate for 07-09 XK

For Sale

Accessories

03-05-2020, 07:13 PM | Replies: 5 | Views: 2119
  • Accessories - Aluminum Shifter Trim Plate for 07-09 XK - New - 2007 to 2009 Jaguar XK - Matthews, NC 28105, United States
  • Accessories - Aluminum Shifter Trim Plate for 07-09 XK - New - 2007 to 2009 Jaguar XK - Matthews, NC 28105, United States

• Price
    $85
    • OBO
  • Location Matthews, NC, 28105, USA
  • Condition New
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Jaguar XK 2007 - 2009
Description:

The original shifter plate on 07-09 has a tendency for the black paint to scratch off and look poor. As the plate is part of the shifter unit, very difficult to replace as original.

Asking $85 US shipped to US only

This is the replacement aluminum trim plate produced by "Malcolm" in Canada. He produces a few from time to time and I do not see any for sale new from him. It is the only accessory I know for this issue and it is really a quality upgrade

I bought this new from Malcolm and did not install. My black paint was a minor scratch and covered reasonably with matt black paint. The piece is exquisitely produced as is the shipping cradle Malcolm made to maintain the shape during shipment.

The notes below are from the original purchase.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stick-On 20 gauge 6061-T6 polished aluminum trim plate. The plate comes equipped with double sided weather resistant polyurethane foam tape. The plate and tape combined height is 0.062".

Installation requires the removal of the shift knob and of the existing shift plate black coating for reliable tape adhesion.

Before sticking the new trim plate on the existing shift plate, make sure the existing plate is coating free on bare plastic that the bare plastic has been cleaned with a grease removing product (Not provided: make sure that the chosen product will not react with plastic).

Plate positioning is crucial. Before pealing off the double sided tape, practice positioning the trim plate. Once the trim plate sticks, you will not be able to remove the trim plate without damaging it.

*Important note: the chromed portion of the existing plate will still be seen once the new trim plate is installed. Removing the chromed portion and painting it black might give a better final appearance.

*Disclaimer, this plate is intended for damaged J-Gates which are peeling. This installation method will permanently damage the appearance of your existing shift plate. We are not responsible for any damage occasioned by the installation of this plate. Professional installation is highly recommended.

Asking $85 shipped to US only.

Old 03-08-2020, 04:59 AM
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Good morning.
I am interested in your change plate for xk.
I am from Spain. How can I buy the plate?
What would be the final price including shipping to Barcelona?

Old 09-06-2020, 08:01 AM
Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi, have you sold this?

Old 10-22-2020, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello: I would like to buy this item. How do I proceed?
Regards

Old 10-26-2020, 02:47 PM

Hello: Is this piece still for sale?
Regards
jdlbullet@***.net

Old 12-05-2021, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by ChipnLong
The original shifter plate on 07-09 has a tendency for the black paint to scratch off and look poor. As the plate is part of the shifter unit, very difficult to replace as original.

Asking $85 US shipped to US only

This is the replacement aluminum trim plate produced by "Malcolm" in Canada. He produces a few from time to time and I do not see any for sale new from him. It is the only accessory I know for this issue and it is really a quality upgrade

I bought this new from Malcolm and did not install. My black paint was a minor scratch and covered reasonably with matt black paint. The piece is exquisitely produced as is the shipping cradle Malcolm made to maintain the shape during shipment.

The notes below are from the original purchase.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stick-On 20 gauge 6061-T6 polished aluminum trim plate. The plate comes equipped with double sided weather resistant polyurethane foam tape. The plate and tape combined height is 0.062".

Installation requires the removal of the shift knob and of the existing shift plate black coating for reliable tape adhesion.

Before sticking the new trim plate on the existing shift plate, make sure the existing plate is coating free on bare plastic that the bare plastic has been cleaned with a grease removing product (Not provided: make sure that the chosen product will not react with plastic).

Plate positioning is crucial. Before pealing off the double sided tape, practice positioning the trim plate. Once the trim plate sticks, you will not be able to remove the trim plate without damaging it.

*Important note: the chromed portion of the existing plate will still be seen once the new trim plate is installed. Removing the chromed portion and painting it black might give a better final appearance.

*Disclaimer, this plate is intended for damaged J-Gates which are peeling. This installation method will permanently damage the appearance of your existing shift plate. We are not responsible for any damage occasioned by the installation of this plate. Professional installation is highly recommended.

Asking $85 shipped to US only.
do you still have this part?