Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted Jaguar Series 1 coupe

Wanted

1961 - 1968 Jaguar XKE

12-15-2020, 11:25 AM | Replies: 8 | Views: 988

• Price
    Any Price
  • Location Philadelphia, PA, 19063, USA
  • Condition Used
Description:

Hi. I am looking for a series 1 Jaguar e-type coupe.  Must be in outstanding mechanical condition and grey, blue or silver in color.
Please shoot me a PM or give me a call at 412-737-5593
Thanks so much.

Kelly Dietrick

Old 12-16-2020, 01:58 PM
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

This "broker" attempted to insert herself into the currently running sale of my '64 FHC in spite of my clear statement in the ad that I want nothing to do with brokers/third parties. When I refused to give her my personal contact information and insisted we stick with the PM system, she attempted to discredit my vehicle with outright lies in the For Sale advertissement. She continues to harass in that thread with personal insults. I have reported her to forum management. If you call her, she has what she wants. Deal only through the PM system if you deal with her at all. I erroneously thought that Craigslist antics might not be present on this site. Sadly the scourge is here as well. This sort of activity is what keeps large consignment businesses and reputable auction sites in business. Sad situation.

Old 12-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric thank you for your input. We inquired about your car but you refused to send information. Sounds like someone has a bit of a vendetta against brokers that I would rather not feed into. Have a Happy Holiday.
Kelly Dietrick
Exceptional Car Broker
Philadelphia PA
Linkedin

Old 12-16-2020, 03:38 PM

Indeed I did refuse to send you information, but only after you displayed your true colors via lies and insults. You did not ask for one shred of car information until you realized you had been caught in lies and needed to cover your tracks by finding a way to shift blame for deplorable conduct. You are not to be trusted, my not so clever, scheming friend..

Old 12-16-2020, 03:50 PM

Eric its over. You can stop now. You had a car for sale and you refused to send information because I was a broker end of story. Just stop your attacks and realize that it is over. There must be somewhere else you can spew your hatred.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:32 PM

I did indeed tell you in no uncertain terms that I was not going to deal with a middle person broker. I said so in my original listing. You ignored that restriction and attempted to insert yourself in the process as a broker for what I believe to be a fictitious buyer. I did refuse to give you my personal information...and with good cause as it turns out. However, you never asked for technical data during our PM exchange. Never. That said I can post the PM where I specifically said you could ask me for technical info in a PM if you wanted to buy the car yourself, and your fictional client could also ask for technical info in a PM if they wished to do so. But I was not going to sanction you as a middleperson. You got miffed and launched off on a series of lies, misdirection, and insults to cover your tracks. .

I don't hate you...but I am dumbfounded when someone sticks their nose in where they have been expressly uninvited, and then get's P.O'd when asked to butt out. Your conduct is a perfect example of why I do have an inherent distrust of "brokers" who ply the internet looking for cars to flip. Best to avoid these unregulated sites for expensive items I guess.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:41 PM

Eric this conversation has worn itself to the end. I have a buyer for the car. My email is kelly@exceptionalcarbroker.com Email me with information if you wish to sell the car. I don't have the time nor the inclination to force you to sell your car. No need to respond as this is my last post on the subject.
I make my living buying and selling cars for collectors. It's my job and if you decide not to deal with me because of what I do for a living that is your prerogative. You have people to contact to confirm my request. There is nothing left to discuss.
It is snowing like heck here in Philadelphia our first real snowstorm in two years. My Christmas tree is decorated. I'm about to light a fire in the fireplace and pour a glass of wine. I hope you get to do the same. Hope to receive an email from you.

Old 12-16-2020, 05:40 PM

I figured you'd come up with something. A flipper working for a flipper. Lovely. Yes, it's my prerogative and you had no right to lie and misrepresent my car or what transpired. This experience confirms why I don't deal with flippers (oh sorry..."brokers"), and serves as a warning to forum members to beware of responding to your post. Tell your client not to hold his breath. He can thank you and your tactics for missing out on arguably the best driver restoration car in the country and at an extremely attractive price. Perhaps you could represent him in bidding for the tatty '62 on BAT, which is not at all rare, and would take well over $100K to get it even close to where my car is. Last I checked it was at $95K.

Old 01-13-2024, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi kelly
i know you are looking for a series I, but i have a beautiful 1969 series II that has 25K actual miles and has been garage kept and runs great.
here is a link.
price is always negotiable
thank you, mark

https://www.sierraclassics.com/used/...34ffaf04be.htm