Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted: Rick Oak Wood Piece above glove compartment

Wanted

Interior/Upholstery

02-26-2021, 03:39 PM | Replies: 2 | Views: 661
  • Interior/Upholstery - Wanted: Rick Oak Wood Piece above glove compartment - New or Used - 2010 to 2011 Jaguar XK - Atlanta, GA 30080, United States
  • Interior/Upholstery - Wanted: Rick Oak Wood Piece above glove compartment - New or Used - 2010 to 2011 Jaguar XK - Atlanta, GA 30080, United States

• Price
    Any Price
  • Location Atlanta, GA, 30080, USA
  • Condition New or Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Jaguar XK 2010 - 2011
Description:

I am looking for a replacement wood piece that is above the glovebox where the airbag lives. More specifically, I am looking for it in Rich Oak to match the rest of the wood interior. My current piece has developed a couple of cracks in the clear coat. I have attached pictures of the one I am replacing. If anyone has one that they are selling, let me know. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:12 AM
Received 228 Likes on 112 Posts

It would be very difficult to change a one piece only. Color would not match in a used car/parts. Bought used trim around gear selector and needed to restore its color to match other trims.

Old 02-27-2021, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advise. It is not an ideal situation and looking at different options. Might replace the complete set or have the one refinished to try and match, but most people wont touch this because of the amount of time required to build up those thick layers. There is one place in California that lots have recommended and have been in touch with them.