Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDU and IDS service in New England

For Sale

Drivetrain

04-10-2021, 09:11 PM | Replies: 2 | Views: 1586
  • Drivetrain - PDU and IDS service in New England - Used - 1968 to 2005 Jaguar All Models - Jaffrey, NH 03452, United States

• Price
    $50
    • OBO
  • Location Jaffrey, NH, 03452, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Jaguar Any Model 1968 - 2005
Description:

I”m an “extreme hobbyist” with factory diagnostic equipment.  This is the PDU, IDS, SDD, VCM diagnostic equipment that you’ve read about.  This allows me to troubleshoot difficult problems in the XJS, XJ40, X300, X308, X305, X350 etc.  We can program key fobs, set TPS, find running faults, etc.  

I’m not a professional mechanic, and this isn’t a commercial enterprise, but it isn’t a free service either.  I do work cheap.  Just today a gentleman brought his 95 XJR over from upstate NY.  The car had become “slow” over time, and his mechanic sold him on a new supercharger.  The car was still slow.  We hooked the car up to the PDU and used the data logger to find the TPS signal was only 33% at WOT.  You’d think I was kidding, but we fixed it with duct tape and popsicle sticks.  It was great fun and I want to do it again.

Your car would have to come to me in Jaffrey NH.

Last edited by Jagsandmgs; 04-10-2021 at 09:13 PM. Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 09:13 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm on Cape Cod. My 2003 XKR constantly goes into restricted performance mode, requiring me to clear the codes by OBD2 scan tool. The ecu was reflashed professionally last year. What can you do for me?

Old 04-11-2021, 09:32 PM
Received 319 Likes on 208 Posts

Hi- At this point there probably isn’t much the Jaguar tool will do that your code reader will not. You are clearing codes, but what are the codes? What is the underlying problem causing the code? Perhaps there is a physical fault that has to be rectified, and it will throw codes forever unless you fix the real problem. Until you’ve ruled out physical faults, you might never need the dealership tool, unless a piece of electronic hardware is changed. The dealership machine isn’t often needed.

Please repost your problem in the XKR forum with your codes. There are lots of smart people out here! I don’t own an XKR and won’t give the best advice. -John