Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1973 Series 1 XJ6 Saloon

For Sale

1973 Jaguar XJ6

05-20-2021, 12:38 PM | Replies: 8 | Views: 1788
  • 1973 Jaguar XJ6 - 1973 Series 1 XJ6 Saloon - Used - VIN UD1L73890 - 141,000 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Blue - Webster, MA 01570, United States
  • 1973 Jaguar XJ6 - 1973 Series 1 XJ6 Saloon - Used - VIN UD1L73890 - 141,000 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Blue - Webster, MA 01570, United States

• Price
    $6,900
    • OBO
  • Location Webster, MA, 01570, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN UD1L73890
  • Mileage 141,000
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Blue
Description:

1973 Jaguar (Jag-u-ah) XJ6 Saloon. Solid running sedan. Where do I begin? The next caretaker of this fine automobile will have some mechanical skills, familiar with a manual choke/dual carb, and be willing to get their hands dirty occasionally. It's not a drive it and forget it vehicle.
The car is mechanically solid, and always garaged, at least for the last 35 years. Not seen a winter. I've re-done the perished paint since I purchased it, and it's awesome from 20 feet. Closer, you can see my sweat equity in the amateur body work to some degree, but it's more than offset by the great (professional) paint job done last year. I have pics of progress to completion. Chrome is all excellent. On top of a very good, and original interior (ie. some dry leather seat issues), and nearly all working electrical stuff. I have all the books, manuals, and records for the last umpteen years. I've added bits and pieces, nicer hubcaps, shift gate, correct badges and the like. The AC is inoperative, but, for 3 years I haven't much missed it. (Wing windows!) In addition, I have a fairly sizeable inventory of spare parts to go with it. I'll try to include a few items in pics, but fenders, water pump, lights, exhaust, and much more, all go with it from a parts car. And a cover. Period Blaupunkt am/fm cassette player sounds great.
This car was way ahead of it's time. 4 wheel independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, fine black walnut dash, more instruments than the space shuttle, and when you drive down the road, wow. Smooth. Compliments and smiles wherever you drive this. White wall tires were new 3 seasons ago, only 8,000 miles since.
Hagerty's insures it for 10K as an antique. I've seen pricing from 3K (for a project car) and 25k for a fully restored one. Considering what I have in it, and the fun out of it, I'll let it go to a new home for $6,900. Clean Mass title on hand.
Do I have to say the usual about not sending me checks, and paying way more, and all that crap. Email or call. I won't recognize your number, so probably won't answer the phone, so please leave a message and I will surely get back to you. Peter Five oh 8769 three2 six 2.

Old 07-19-2021, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, this is what I have...1970 XJ6 L... unfortunately someone let it go and it became a can of worms project. I live in Wyoming just to mention... Couple questions... At this point I think it's a parts car... So, I want to know if it's worth selling? Is anyone gonna want this decrepit old thing? Also, would your Jaguar would be a good fit to my "parts car"?
Thanks and have a great day. Call if you'd like... 307-690-4539.
Sincerely, Todd Baron

Old 07-19-2021, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by ThreeMerryWidows

Well, this is what I have...1970 XJ6 L... unfortunately someone let it go and it became a can of worms project. I live in Wyoming just to mention... Couple questions... At this point I think it's a parts car... So, I want to know if it's worth selling? Is anyone gonna want this decrepit old thing? Also, would your Jaguar would be a good fit to my "parts car"?
Sincerely, Todd Baron
Er, I'm not sure you're posting to me personally. I have an XJ6 I'm selling, I'm not interested in a parts car. Thanks.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:30 PM

Sorry, I did not mean to make that confusing... I know that you don't need a parts car... Would the XJ6 I currently own make a good parts car if I were to buy the car you have for sale? I don't know enough about them to make that assumption. Mine is an automatic transmission as well.
Thanks...

Old 07-19-2021, 06:52 PM

Your car would be a perfect 'donor' car. Both are Series I, built from 68 to 73. There were bigger changes starting in 74, bumpers for instance, but enough that they are designated Series II.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:30 PM

Oh, and by the way, I've dropped the price to 5900.

Old 08-09-2021, 02:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parts for Sale?

Originally Posted by ThreeMerryWidows

Sincerely, Todd Baron
Hey Todd,

if you’re interested in parting out this car, I would love to get a closer look at the rims! Looking for a new set for my 73’ since the ones I have are rusted out. My email is Ulysses.sjames@gmail.com let me know! Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
lyonsfin (04-26-2024)
Old 08-09-2021, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Blackbeard911
Hey Todd,

if you’re interested in parting out this car, I would love to get a closer look at the rims! Looking for a new set for my 73’ since the ones I have are rusted out. My email is Ulysses.sjames@gmail.com let me know! Thanks!
So, I have actually sold mine in the last couple of days, and expect it to be gone in a few days.
Good luck with your 'parting'.

Old 08-10-2021, 08:25 AM

cool... thanks