Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New In Box: A set of 4 Custom Full-Forged VSForged VS01 wheels for Jaguar F-Type R

For Sale

Wheels and Tires/Axles

08-22-2021, 01:47 PM | Replies: 21 | Views: 3406
  • Wheels and Tires/Axles - New In Box: A set of 4 Custom Full-Forged VSForged VS01 wheels for Jaguar F-Type R - New - 2014 to 2021 Jaguar F-Type - Gilroy, CA 95020, United States
    Sold
  • Wheels and Tires/Axles - New In Box: A set of 4 Custom Full-Forged VSForged VS01 wheels for Jaguar F-Type R - New - 2014 to 2021 Jaguar F-Type - Gilroy, CA 95020, United States
    Sold
    Sold

• Price
    $3,000
    • OBO
  • Location Gilroy, CA, 95020, USA
  • Condition New
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Jaguar F-Type 2014 - 2021
Description:

A set of 4 Custom Full-Forged Monoblock VSForged VS01 wheels for Jaguar F-Type R. (Might fit other Jags, you have to check).  These are not cast and flow-formed, or cast only. These wheels are LIGHT!!!

They are 100% NIB (new in box) NEVER EVER installed or driven on. I bought them for an F-Type R and sold the car and never got the chance to try the wheels. Still in the original shipping boxes, in perfectly new shape waiting for their new owner.

http://vsforged.com/vs01/

Why buy them from me?

1] discount

2] you get them NOW, they would take months, otherwise. Consider that, when low-balling me.

I had these made in the stock size, but with a bit of extra offset to push them out towards the fender to fill the wheel well without rubbing.

Front:

Size: 20x9 (inches)

Offset: 45 (mm)

CB: 63.4

PCD*H: 108/5 (bolt circle)

Rear:

Size: 20x10.5 (inches)

Offset: 28 (mm)

CB: 63.4

PCD*H: 108/5 (bolt circle)

The main reason for buying these: The weight savings. I just weighed a front and rear out of the box.

Front= 20.2 lbs. each

Rear = 21.6 lbs each

Here is what the internet says the stock Jaguar Gyrodyne wheels weigh: (not me, this is the internet)

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...weight-158461/

Front = 32.5 lbs

Rear = 34 lbs

Losing more than 12 lbs on each wheel is a performance gain in acceleration and snappiness, not to mention handling, that you WILL feel, absolutely for sure. That was the whole idea behind making these wheels. I purposely bought the VS01 because the design was simple and one of their lightest. (not to mention, easy to clean) The finish is polished aluminum with clear coat on it. NOT CHROME,. No worries about the Chrome leaking air or peeling in the future. Polished Aluminum is easy to repair and re-spray for clear coat, but looks as great as chrome.

I paid $800 a corner + tax for them. The total for 4 was $3488.  My loss = your gain, blah blah blah.

PM me your best offer above $2800 please. (shipping will be on top of that).  I will collect offers, evaluate interest, and consider how things look on Sunday the 29th at 6pm PST. If you want to know how the offers are coming along, you can PM me along the way.

If you want a buy it now price, it is $3000 + ship. They get shipped UPS-Style two wheels taped together so the boxes do not come apart until you get them. Both 2-wheel units are below 50 lbs each. PM me a zip and I can estimate UPS shipping. 

I did as shipping estimate from California to Brooklyn and it was between $250-280 total, to ship all the wheels.

Remember, if you order your own set, they will take months to ship.

Last edited by mws; 08-22-2021 at 03:00 PM. Reply
Old 08-25-2021, 09:52 PM
mws
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Now with video

pictures, soon, but this video should satisfy most people.

Old 08-26-2021, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, will this set of rims clear carbon ceramic brakes for Type R?

Old 08-26-2021, 01:57 PM
mws

Originally Posted by michs008
Hi, will this set of rims clear carbon ceramic brakes for Type R?
don't know, and I won't be able to figure it out, ( a bit busy and pretty soon everyone will be asking if they fit an XJR, an F-Pace, etc) but I can tell you how to:

1] look up the stock offsets on the rims that the Rs and SVRs come with-- if they have CC brakes. (for the R's they are probably the same Gyrodyne rims--but you can ask the forum)

2], then compare those to the offsets I list. Remember, my offsets stick some mm further out to give more clearance anyway.

3] if my rims have the same offset or greater than the rims on the cars with CC brakes, then yes, they should work.

Old 08-31-2021, 01:27 PM
mws
Default Price Drop. $2500 OBO

Let's drop the price to $2500 or best offer, shall we? consider this: I called the vendor who sold these to me. VS Forged is running 4-6 months to ship a custom order right now. At this price, you can get the rims, and have therm powder coated anything you want.

Old 06-14-2022, 11:19 PM
Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

So when and how will you ship?

Old 06-14-2022, 11:27 PM
mws

Originally Posted by vettegood
So when and how will you ship?
My choice is to do UPS for ship and I would ship them out the same day or next day after I get paid via PayPal. They like to see two wheels taped together (with strong packing tape) to make them easier to move. Two large packages that can be moved with a hand-truck, basically.

If someone is serious, we can PM and I can chat with you on Factime or Whatsapp so you can see I am a Real Human™. Also I have the gentleman who bought my F-type R from this forum last year, and he might consent to being a reference for a serious buyer.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:29 PM
mws

I am in the market for another F-Type R. I am going to keep these.

Marking as SOLD.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:26 AM
mws

Welp. After a misfire, getting distracted by a C8 Stingray instead of an F-Type R, and then, selling the C8 and getting a McLaren 720S, I would say I am out of the Jag market for the foreseeable future. Let's sell these to a deserving forum member.

Dropping to $2200 for $3500 wheels that take months to get. Remember, if the color is not "exactly" what you wanted, get them refinished, and have them NOW, for the summer.
Lightweight, you will feel the difference!

Last edited by mws; 06-23-2023 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-24-2023, 09:03 AM
mws

I am going to change this approach: best offer above $1400. This reserve is less than most cheap flow-formed rims. These are fully forged rims folks! Very VERY light and an incredible weight savings per corner. I will gather offers until Saturday July 1 at 8PM PST, I can ship them to the highest offer, on July 5th. (I am on vacation for beginning of that week). I will update the current highest offer, here, so everyone can see it. Bring your best bid. If this turns out to be a bust, I will put them up on Ebay with no reserve.

​​​​​​​you can PM me or post your best offer here.

Last edited by mws; 06-24-2023 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-24-2023, 11:41 AM
mws

as of today I have an offer of $1400....

Old 06-24-2023, 02:50 PM
mws

For shipping estimate: I decided to pick a contact I have in Brooklyn. I'm in California. So, this is all the way across the US. This quote could be the highest, or maybe you live somewhere where it's a bit more because you are remote. But imagine it is in this ballpark. Maybe more, maybe less.

$440 or so. for all 4 wheels with $2,000 insurance from one coast to the other.

Old 06-24-2023, 07:12 PM
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Very nice wheels! However from previous experience I’d strongly recommend using one proper box per wheel, your local tire shop should be able to supply them with little to no notice. I’d also add from previous experience, use anyone but UPS, as dealing with them on damaged Porsche wheels was the biggest cluster fluck I’ve ever been part of.
l’d be bidding but not changing out my current set…

Old 06-25-2023, 09:42 AM
mws

A 2-wheel "unit" is the standard "single box for each wheel", so--two boxes taped together to make a "unit". It is how all wheels are shipped to save money and... space on the truck. I never said I did not have the original boxes. I still do. But thanks for the concern. They will ship exactly as I received them--with no damage, and in original packaging.

That said, I have received more than 6-7 sets of wheels in the last several years. All were UPS, None of them received any damage. Just how many sets of wheels did you receive that were damaged, and, on how many separate orders? You might have had an unfortunate occurrence, but so far, with the large amount of wheels I have received, I cannot corroborate your experience with UPS. My experience tells me that "any" shipping choice is potentially fraught with the possibility of damage. Thus: insurance. Again, thanks for the concern. Now lets get these sold!!!

Old 06-27-2023, 05:38 PM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Still at your $1400 offer?

Old 06-27-2023, 06:13 PM
mws

welp. I have an offer from a member for $1500, but I am reluctant to post it until he reports back. he thinks the wheels can be shipped for a whole lot less than $440, and he lives in a ZIP where, when I do an estimate, with UPS and FedEx, it is $490, right on the money. His destination is not as popular as the New Jersey one I use in my estimate, but is on the east coast. Shipping has increased dramatically since the pandemic.

If you have any questions about why shipping is so high, I did some web searching. The price of ground type services has definitely ballooned. Also, the big companies selling wheels and tires likely have shipping discounts, and also, roll part of the declared shipping price into the product so it does not look so bad.

If you are not able to imagine paying $450-almost $500 to ship these, then I guess one should not throw their offer in. For such a nice, light set of wheels, so cheap one could powder coat them to any color they want, it is flabbergasting to me I cannot move these locally. But then, I see very few F-Types on the road here in Silicon Valley. It is loaded, just crawling with Teslas. I see more C8 Corvettes now, than F-Types.

If someone wants to try to see if they can find a way to get it done cheaper: here's the route, 95020 to your ZIP. the boxes are 25x25x14, there are four and they weigh an average of 25 pounds each, with all the packaging. Maybe a bit less. I have shipped hundreds of items and had a UPS account for decades. I don't think there is anything missing about my estimate methodology.

Old 06-27-2023, 09:36 PM
mws

Originally Posted by FlipJag
Interested Two questions .Will the oem growler hob caps fit these rims ? Will the stock lug nuts fit these rims ?
The center caps are larger than what this forum says is stock. I measured 68mm face for the center cap and 62mm inner.

Stock Jag lug nuts also, will not work. These wheels use standard 60* cone taper nuts. (inexpensive to obtain on Ebay, Amazon, etc) Jag has kind of their own special thing, with a built-in washer and all.

Last edited by mws; 06-28-2023 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-27-2023, 10:00 PM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Two boxes taped together for a total of 2 boxes at 50 lbs should be cheaper than 4 boxes at 25 lbs.

Old 06-27-2023, 10:55 PM
mws

Originally Posted by mcphill
Two boxes taped together for a total of 2 boxes at 50 lbs should be cheaper than 4 boxes at 25 lbs.
and my shipping quotes that I have listed above are for two boxes taped together so you have a total of two units. Not four separate boxes. I’m just telling the forum that in case for some reason they think that they can —through alchemy —somehow make it be cheaper by separating the boxes.

Old 07-19-2023, 03:54 PM
mws

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134658092643

OK let's find out what these are really worth,.

these are on eBay with a starting bid of $1000, and a buy it now for $1600. Plus ship. If you are not local to 95020, then you have to pay shipping on top of the winning bid.