Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 4.2L Driver Cam Covers - cheap

Wanted

Engine - Intake/Fuel

07-09-2022, 01:35 PM | Replies: 1 | Views: 679
  • Engine - Intake/Fuel - Looking for 4.2L Driver Cam Covers - cheap - Used - 2003 to 2006 Jaguar XK8 - Hayward, CA 94545, United States

• Price
    Any Price
    • Trade
  • Location Hayward, CA, 94545, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Jaguar XK8 2003 - 2006
Description:

Maybe someone can help me out and in turn, I can help out a lot of Jag 4.2L owners?

These motors, and I suspect many others, use these hard plastic vapor return lines on the cam covers. After so many years of heat cycles, these hard lines are cracking and causing air leaks and thrown codes. Not sue if they are even available from Jag anymore but even if they are, they would be costly and you are still back to plastic lines. 
I recently replaced my fuel pulse damper with a setup I built myself using aftermarket parts and once I finished it, I realized that this approach might be able to be applied to these hard vapor lines as well. 
I want to try modifying the cover to accept a AN fitting setup so I can use braided hoses instead of the hard plastic lines. 
Since I use my XK8 as a daily, I do not want to risk wrecking a cam cover while testing and laying the car up so I am putting out feelers for someone who may have a couple of old covers sitting around. Warped or cracked is even fine as I will only use it to lay out the idea and then execute on my own engine parts. Let me know what you got. 

Old 07-26-2022, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 561 Likes on 422 Posts

I have 2 off my 2006 s type r. I upgraded to the ones that say jaguar. You can have them for ship costs. I live anout 200 miles south of you at zip 93274. You could send me an empty box with a reutn label inside if you want also. PM me if interested