Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted: XJS Rear Sway Bar

Wanted

Steering/Suspension

02-06-2023, 02:16 PM | Replies: 4 | Views: 448

• Price
    Any Price
  • Location San Rafael, CA, 94901, USA
  • Condition New or Used
Description:

I'm looking for an XJS rear sway bar.

Old 02-07-2023, 08:36 AM
Received 221 Likes on 140 Posts

Addco swaybars has them listed for sale. I used one in my 1985 XJ6 with a lot of work. Does not bolt right in.

Larry Louton

Old 02-07-2023, 09:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It is tempting to pick up what is in stock and readily available with the Addco bar. But, I have a 7/8” bar up front and I’d like something smaller in the rear to balance the front while limiting the rear’s propensity to lean (my rationale being that more weight up front == bigger sway bar needed).The stock rear XJS sway / stabilizer bar should work real well if I can find one, realizing I will need to either replace the radius arms or weld in mounting points and fabricate some sort of chassis mounting points.

Out of curiosity, did the Addco bar not line up correctly, not route the same way, or require different end links? Are you happy with it now that it is installed?

Last edited by sethrobot; 02-07-2023 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-08-2023, 03:56 PM
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I put a stock anti sway bar from a 76 XJ-S into my 94 XJS and there were mounting bolts already there. They are located on the panel behind the rear seat. My guess is that they were never eliminated from the build process. I have a stock rear sway bar and radius arms from a 78 but they are like unobtanium and if you can find one you don't want to let it go. You may try looking for a pr 79 XJ-S that someone has for sale or as a parts car.

The following users liked this post:
sethrobot (02-08-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 09:46 AM
Received 221 Likes on 140 Posts

I am assumng that you want to put a rear sway bar into a XJ6. A XJ6 never had mounting points like a XJS. So, Yes you have to add everything to make it work. The brackets on the control arms, The shortends to connect the bar to the control arms. And the hoops and bushings that bolt under the seat. Check Addco to see if their front swaybar is a one inch in design. That is what you will enjoy the best in balance with the rear swaybar.

Larry Louton

The following users liked this post:
sethrobot (02-10-2023)