Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Series 3 rear side bumper brackets that support the rubber nipples

Wanted

Exterior Body Parts

08-09-2023, 03:32 PM | Replies: 4 | Views: 344

• Price
    Any Price
  • Location Glenhope, Australia
  • Condition New or Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Jaguar XJ12 1981 - 1986
Description:

There is 5 rubber nipples on both sides and the brackets are missing leaving the rubber side bumpers flapping ,, prior to my ownership someone has not refitted them, can anyone help ,

Old 08-12-2023, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,149 Likes on 806 Posts

Can you supply part numbers? I have a box of random small parts that are NOS that seem to mostly be for Series XJ's.

Old 08-12-2023, 08:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Series 3 rear side bumper brackets that support the rubber nipples

Thank For your Reply, I cannot fint any part numbers however, the photo's show one 1 a distinct pattern of where the bracket fits (almost a triangular shape, on the plated bracket, on the other photo someone has welded the bumper to car steel bracket over the other plated bracket where the nipple holding bracket should be fitted to, the nipples go though the bracket and held on by very small square plated push on metal clips. in all there are 4 brackets and 4 clips missing,this is a 1981 Daimler series 3 V12 soveriegn. when placed the ad for 10 apparently they only used 2 per side on the side bumpers although there is 10 nipples, Hope you can help Kind Regards John.

Old 08-12-2023, 09:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,149 Likes on 806 Posts

I think you are missing a couple of welded in studs for the long bracket. If you look here-- https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/ , under ""series 3 saloon", and then exterior trim, it appears to show just nuts and washers there. There is a bolt, a few washers, and a spacer on the front tab so maybe you could fab something up there. The website is JLR's own and it shows all the original parts pics. Maybe you can remove or loosen the nuts holding the rubber to the chrome to slip a couple of bolts in between there? Then it would just be a matter of tightening it down. My box does have some grommets and such. but there aren't really any shown in the pic. hope this helps..

Old 08-12-2023, 10:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Many Thanks Much Obliged