Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1997-2006 XK8 Fuel Filler Door Latch Retainer Nut

For Sale

Miscellaneous

10-16-2020, 03:43 PM | Replies: 9 | Views: 824
  • Miscellaneous - 1997-2006 XK8 Fuel Filler Door Latch Retainer Nut - New - Woodbridge, VA 22193, United States
  • Miscellaneous - 1997-2006 XK8 Fuel Filler Door Latch Retainer Nut - New - Woodbridge, VA 22193, United States

• Price
    $24
  • Location Woodbridge, VA, 22193, USA
  • Condition New
Description:

We have made up a few 3D-printed Fuel Filler Door Latch Retainer Nuts for the 1997-2006 XK8. We are down to 7 left as of this posting. $24 (includes free shipping in the lower 48) each (a little high, yes, but $4 to ship them in the US, plus a lot of time spent making a software design program to print them out). Hard to find originals anymore, these look and work like the originals.

We're also making the front strut bolt caps. $12 (includes free shipping in the lower 48). See 2nd photo. 3D printed one is in the foreground, original is in the back.

PM me if interested.

Old 11-13-2020, 02:21 PM
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Still have some of these FuelFillerDoorLatchRetainer Nuts for sale, if anyone is interested.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Lutz
Still have some of these FuelFillerDoorLatchRetainer Nuts for sale, if anyone is interested.
Hi Chris,
I would like to have one of those I am in Ontario Canada.Do u Have a link to buy them.
Are you 100% sure for the fitment.

Thanks
Anuj

Old 06-07-2021, 03:16 AM

Hello,
Yes, I am sure for the fitment. I have one on my car, and it works fine. If you have any problems with it, I will either give you another one or give you all your money back.

Let me get a shipping quote to Canada for you and I'll get back to you this afternoon.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 06-07-2021, 12:29 PM

Ok,let me know the total cost.

Old 06-07-2021, 02:54 PM

Hello, I left you a visitor message with the cost, since I couldn't PM you. Please take a look and let me know if you do not see it.

Old 01-19-2024, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Lutz
Hi I would like to purchase one. My cell is 214.425.4678 and my email is KorzenowskiFed@ICloud.com

Brian Korzenowski

Old 01-19-2024, 12:13 AM
Default Fuel Filler Door Latch Retainer Nut

I would like to purchase one. My cell is (214) 425-4678 my email is KorzenowskiFed@ICloud.com

Brian Korzenowski

Old 01-19-2024, 04:15 AM

Hello,
Unfortunately, I've long since sold out of these, but didn't realize this link was still up. I have no way of getting more made, either, without starting the process over from scratch. If you have any of the original piece left, what I did was contact a person that could make 3D printer designs, gave them the broken piece, and had them fill in the rest on a 3D computer program, since the piece is symmetrical. I then gave the completed program to another person that had a 3D printer and had them print it out. You will have to get a prototype or three made and tested to make sure they fit and work. I printed out about 12 pieces that I could sell to others to help me pay for the costs. I think I still lost a few dollars on the deal, but I got my part.

Hope this helps and sorry I can't help you further.

-Chris

Old Today, 12:52 PM

Ok, we are back in business making the fuel filler door retainer nuts. We created a new 3D print design (the old one was not ours and was lost) that is exactly like the original, only 3D printed. We retain the rights of the new 3D print program, so we can make more in the future, if needed. We made a prototype today and fitted it. It fits perfectly. It will need a wrench to install as it needs a little more force than just hand tight. We also changed the print orientation from horizontal to vertical to give the upper part more strength and resistance against breaking.

We will be printing a run in about 2-3 weeks, so if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll let those folks know once they are available to purchase and ship out.

Price is now $26, but includes free shipping in the continental US. Any further questions, please let me know.