Memorial Section Please visit here to pay your respects to those forum members no longer with us.

Rip Riski..

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug
I hope it won't be considered inappropriate to ask but was there ever a final determination of exactly what happened?

There was mention of a mystery car and driver, and lots of speculation, but I never saw anything conclusive.

Sad story.

DD
I just saw a little update

37-year-old Wheaton accountant charged in drag-racing crash that killed two - Chicago Sun-Times

The following users liked this post:
joycesjag (10-23-2011)
Old 10-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The following users liked this post:
joycesjag (10-23-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

When I was considering whether to gat an AMG C32, Pontiac GTO (Holden Monaro), or my S-Type R, I watched a few of Riski's dyno videos on youtube and knew I must have a V8 supercharged car to hear that angelic kompressor scream and V8 growl. Because of his videos I bought the S-Type R without even test driving any of the others. I feel so bad for him because I think I was given a second chance at life after a similiar situation that caused him his life, and I feel weird like I do not know why he wasn't given a second chance too? I feel badly for the second person that died in that accident, but we have all street raced so none of us can judge anyone, not even the guy in the WRX that is now being charged. I joined this site only recently but according to the pics of his garage and youtube video, he lived for the thrill of going fast, which I totally get. I stopped racing on public roads to the extreme I used to after my "awakening" and second chance on life. Now I may (and rarely) smash the gas for a few seconds to either show the other guy I'm faster or to be taught I am slower then I let off the throttle and go back to easy driving.

At any rate, RIP Riski!

Old 11-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sad

I, like under pressure am not without sin. So I wont judge the parties involved. I feel bad for the innocent lady.... Riski was a willing participant (he knew the dangers) she was not... Let Riski's unfortunate passing at least serve as a stern reminder to us all.
R.I.P. Riski

Originally Posted by Under Pressure
When I was considering whether to gat an AMG C32, Pontiac GTO (Holden Monaro), or my S-Type R, I watched a few of Riski's dyno videos on youtube and knew I must have a V8 supercharged car to hear that angelic kompressor scream and V8 growl. Because of his videos I bought the S-Type R without even test driving any of the others. I feel so bad for him because I think I was given a second chance at life after a similiar situation that caused him his life, and I feel weird like I do not know why he wasn't given a second chance too? I feel badly for the second person that died in that accident, but we have all street raced so none of us can judge anyone, not even the guy in the WRX that is now being charged. I joined this site only recently but according to the pics of his garage and youtube video, he lived for the thrill of going fast, which I totally get. I stopped racing on public roads to the extreme I used to after my "awakening" and second chance on life. Now I may (and rarely) smash the gas for a few seconds to either show the other guy I'm faster or to be taught I am slower then I let off the throttle and go back to easy driving.

At any rate, RIP Riski!

Old 11-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Take it to the track guys.

There are lots of dangerous driving behaviors that I see here in driver crazy congested New Jersey on a daily basis.

I think that people get the idea that they have some kind of immunity or they're just too stupid/ignorant to realize the havoc they could be potentially creating.

I don't know what you do about those situations other than enforcement (a joke really) and better education (sorely lacking).

But street racing is the one we can all do something about very easily.

If you have to be dumb and do this then at least make sure it's a deserted road and that only you and the other idiot are going to be potentially involved.

I did a lot of high speed driving in the west on remote roads. I did not participate in contests of speed though. But once I moved east I immediately knew I would never find such spots here. That's when I decided upon participating in road course events at the track. You will learn a lot about driving that way. It changes how you drive on the street. At least it should.

Besides being a lot safer for you and your car it's also the right thing to do for the others on public roads. It's enough of a challenge just performing the daily drive safely. I think it's actually more difficult than driving at a track. You're not driving on a fixed course. If you're doing it to the best of your ability it's very challenging. Frustrating at times too.

I like to think of myself as a cooperative driver who not only is trying to get down the road efficiently (yes I mean quick) but safely and with the overall goal of keeping the traffic flowing well too. It works out best for everyone.

If your constantly anticipating instead of just reacting to what people will being doing next then you're way ahead of the game. Sometimes doing this well can be kind of fun too and ultimately more rewarding that out dragging the guy in the other lane and then jamming backing for a last minute merge.

Sometimes I blurt out asahole too.

So unless you live in rural Nevada or Montana get involved in some track activities if you want to stretch yourself and the car.

Too bad Joe didn't. He's left his family without a father and now they're open to a huge lawsuit as well.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  19.3 KB

Hopefully we don't have any more threads like this here.....such a tragic loss