MKI / MKII S type 240 340 & Daimler 1955 - 1967

Ignition barrel replacement matching on rimmerbros.com [HELP]

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition barrel replacement matching on rimmerbros.com [HELP]

Somehow my mechanic misplaced the key for MK2 and now I need to order new barrel with ignition key but can't match it on rimmerbros.com site. Can someone please help me with part number so I can order it with bunch of other stuff from their website.
Is this it??? https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-569939
Thank you.

Last edited by KrazyKGB; 09-16-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,288 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyKGB

Somehow my mechanic misplaced the key for MK2 and now I need to order new barrel with ignition key but can't match it on rimmerbros.com site. Can someone please help me with part number so I can order it with bunch of other stuff from their website.
Is this it??? https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-569939
Thank you.
That link shows a door lock cylinder, not an ignition switch unit - so no, that isn't it. The part number for an entire key pack is JLS102... this includes the barrels from the ignition switch (meaning that you simply remove the existing barrel from your ignition switch and replace it with the new one, which comes with a key) as well as the door locks.
Available at MOSS on line. You need the kit because the door locks and ignition use the same key (the glove box and trunk use another key).

Last edited by sov211; 09-16-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,486 Likes on 1,156 Posts

These are also very simple ignition lock barrels. If you take your existing barrel to a locksmith he can either find or make a key to fit or reconfigure the barrel to work with a known key.

The following users liked this post:
S-Type Owner (09-17-2019)
Old 09-20-2019, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member

Did the OP not like the help given? Will we ever know?

Old 09-25-2019, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sov211
Obviously not...he asked for help, was given help, and he has disappeared without reporting the outcome or even expressing thanks...sigh...whatever happened to common courtesy ...? Or is that expecting too much?
How about this as a general procedure? We get the OPs to declare right at the outset that they need help of some sort and that a) they have no intention of acknowledging help given or b) they will report that help was given
which was useful or not useful in solving the problem. That would allow possible responders to decide whether they have enough time in their lives to take the trouble (and time) to provide the help requested.

Not being curmudgeonly, just a bit tired of the lack of civility in the world today.

Last edited by sov211; 09-25-2019 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 521 Posts

Obviously not...he asked for help, was given help, and he has disappeared without reporting the outcome or even expressing thanks...sigh...whatever happened to common courtesy ...? Or is that expecting too much?
How about this as a general procedure? We get the OPs to declare right at the outset that they need help of some sort and that a) they have no intention of acknowledging help given or b) they will report that help was given
which was useful or not useful in solving the problem. That would allow possible responders to decide whether they have enough time in their lives to take the trouble (and time) to provide the help requested.

Not being curmudgeonly, just a bit tired of the lack of civility in the world today.
Meh !...
I spend a lot of time over the Ford Ranger forums, most there are pretty grateful, others you never hear from again, or months later maybe.
People just get caught up in things, that's all.

I'm going to assume that something happened where he had to put the project down, and/or something happened to his computer or internet.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JeffR1
Meh !...
I spend a lot of time over the Ford Ranger forums, most there are pretty grateful, others you never hear from again, or months later maybe.
People just get caught up in things, that's all.

I'm going to assume that something happened where he had to put the project down, and/or something happened to his computer or internet.

You are a kinder and more patient soul than I am, and I am quite properly admonished to be more tolerant. I'll try.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:16 PM

I loved it. Taking original one to locksmith. For now just hotwiring it. Thanks for all the help guys.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:18 PM

Wrong. I was drooping off my son in Seattle at UW. Yesterday was his first day as freshman. Just didn't have time to check messages. As soon as I did I came here to thank people for help with fuel pump and trunk barrel. ordered both and got it today.

Last edited by KrazyKGB; 09-26-2019 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by JeffR1

Yep. My firstborn graduated from HS and was accepted to Bio-Med Informatics program at U Dub. 4+ hour flight from Dallas. I'm heartbroken and happy at the same time. Thats about it. Will hit garage this weekend just to stay occupied. Besides my Jaguar I have Disco Land Rover and custom bike to play with. Should keep me busy

Old 09-27-2019, 02:15 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for responding -and you certainly were busy! I need to practice patience. "Heartbroken and happy" is an accurate description of what you have just been through.