Motorsports Discuss anything to do with racing here....... F1, Drag racing, Indy 500, BTCC etc etc

Jaguar 1/4 mile Drag Racing Standings

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 01:52 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mclovin22
Well your time is extremely impressive then! I’ve never had good luck with Pirelli P Zero all seasons. Every car I’ve ever owned with those tires had massive traction problems even stock, and overall they just weren’t good tires to me. They also are not nearly as good in the rain as Michelins which is important to me as I live in Houston and we get lots of rain typically.

I can easily see you gaining a couple of tenths of a second off or more from your 60 ft, 0-60 1/8th mile & 1/4 mile times by simply switching to a different tire. Would highly recommend the 4S or similar from Michelin. Also something to keep in mind is every tenth of a second you cut off your 60 foot is at least 2-3 tenths of a second down the track “1/8th mile & especially 1/4 mile”.
Thanks. I don't really like the Pirelli P Zero's but they came with the car and are new. Lot's of room for improvement on my 60 foot

The following users liked this post:
Mclovin22 (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 06:20 AM
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Moniker
Thanks. I don't really like the Pirelli P Zero's but they came with the car and are new. Lot's of room for improvement on my 60 foot
Certainly so, there’s lots of good tires out there. The ones I use for daily driving purposes are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S’s, as they seem to have a nice balance of traction and drivability with a lack of road noise.

As far as pure traction is concerned, I’ve used Toyo R888R’s for the track and street use when going to the drag strip.

Will eventually throw a set of those or some Nitto NT555R2’s on a set of older STR wheels I’ve got and let it eat at the track.

I’ve even considered going with a smaller diameter wheel on the rear to get a tire with a larger sidewall to help improve 60’ foot times and traction. For something like this I plan on eventually getting a custom wheels made for the car to run specifically for drag racing when I get the Quaife in my STR. Might even have some Mickey Thompson’s to go along with them.

In the meantime the Michelins & toyos will do on the sets of wheels I’ve got.

Also if you ever need a proper tune done for your jag, feel free to message Alex with Alpha Jag Tuning. He’s done incredible work on my 06 STR.

AlexJag (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 03:20 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks, I'll look into Alpha Jag Tuning.

Mclovin22 (11-30-2023)