New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

03 Jaguar S Type R owner from Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012 | 08:16 PM
|
Default 03 Jaguar S Type R owner from Atlanta

Hello Everybody! I am the new owner for a 2003 Jaguar S Type R. I purchased the car several months ago from a man who had ruined the engine on it. I purchased it and brought it back down to my office. I was able to locate a used engine 4 hours away and rushed over to pick it up. After working on the car for 2 weeks straight (the new engine was bare so there was a lot of tedious swap overs that had to take place) I crank the car up and the new engine locks up. I am in the process of taking the valve covers off to check the chain guide. So far I can only see the top, but everything looks okay so far. The transmission is good on the car and so is the body and interior. So, I'm curious if anybody has had any issues with these cars, if I should sell as is or if I should replace the engine again (which I am not too excited to do). If I sell the car now I would be okay with getting $5500 as is or if I can take the engine out I would take $4,000 which I think is reasonable. Input??

Old 11-27-2012 | 10:16 PM

Welcome to the forum ChampionAR,

Good to have you with us.
That's a depressing tale, I hope you cangetv it sorted one way or another.
For info and advice check out the tech sectionhttps://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-15/ and take a look at your regional area section also https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/lower-atlantic-nc-sc-fl-ga-66/
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 11-28-2012 | 12:45 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum ChampionAR,

That is a sad sequence of events.

I see you've already posted to the S-Type tech section. Hope the guys can help resolve the engine locking issue. It would be a terrible waste of all you time effort and $$ to have to sell it on.

Good luck and enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 11-28-2012 | 08:32 AM
|

I would love to add my car details to my siggy but I have no idea how! Maybe I should stick to repoing cars and buying bad engines instead of forum posting

Old 11-28-2012 | 09:11 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by ChampionAR
I would love to add my car details to my siggy but I have no idea how! Maybe I should stick to repoing cars and buying bad engines instead of forum posting
Go to the User CP button on the left of the black top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Easier than an engine swap.

Graham

Old 12-02-2012 | 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums.

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 12-03-2012 | 10:07 AM
|

Thanks! I've updated my siggy so I hope that helps everybody!