New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

2007 XK - no sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 XK - no sound

I have a 2007 XK and have lost all sound. I have checked fuses and all seem ok. Radio works and cd changer works but no sound at all. Tried the controls on the steering wheel but nothing. Suggestions???

Old 05-10-2017, 11:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,347 Likes on 5,432 Posts

Hello,
Someone will be along shortly to direct you to the correct section where you can get help for your sound problem.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 05-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Received 4,458 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Originally Posted by LovemyXK
I have a 2007 XK and have lost all sound. I have checked fuses and all seem ok. Radio works and cd changer works but no sound at all. Tried the controls on the steering wheel but nothing. Suggestions???
Welcome to the forum.

Most likely there has been some sort of break in the fibre-optic "MOST" network loop. Either the fibre itself or one of the modules in that loop.

Could be something as simple as one of the modules has become unplugged. A module has failed, or a break in the cable itself.

As you've checked the fuses, then it seems more likely to be an issue with the network itself.

There's a few ways to test this out, to try and isolate the problem.

Depending on the exact specification of the infotainment system in your car, there are a number of modules that are connected to the MOST network.

Touchscreen display
Integrated Audio Module (radio head unit)
Audio amplifier (if fitted)
Navigation Module
SDARS/Sirius Module (if fitted)
Telephone Module

There is also a "test connector" located under the dashboard, which might have been accidentally disconnected. You should see a red LED glow from that black connector.

You will need to disassemble some trim panels to get access to the different modules and the fibre optic cabling. You could also get hold of one of these blanking loops MOST fiber optic optical loop bypass female adapter MERCEDES BMW AUDI PORSCHE Q7 this will allow you to unplug a module, and complete the loop.

If for example, if you disconnect the phone module and put the blanking loop in, and you get sound, then you can be sure that there is a problem with the phone module. And so on...

Good luck with it.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:09 AM
Received 10,520 Likes on 6,949 Posts

Welcome.

Looks like fun in your near future.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:34 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum LovemyXK,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/ to the XK/XKR forum for help, advice and information.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US Lower Atlantic Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/usa-lower-atlantic-nc-sc-fl-ga-66/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 05-11-2017, 04:00 AM
Received 3,968 Likes on 2,868 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:21 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:45 AM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Old 05-11-2017, 09:57 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums LovemyXK,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 06-20-2018, 07:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default same issue withn my 2007 s-type

While driving, all of a sudden, no sound. In pulled over, shut down the car, then restarted. Still no sound. There is no sound in the radio, nav and the phone system has stooped working.
I checked the fuses I thought could be the issue, all were good. Just some quick background to when the sound quit. I had just got off a highway and stopped at the stop sign. As I turned left, all sound ceased. I am not sure if that info would help in narrowing down my issue.

Thanks to all in advance who may be able to help.