New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

2nd Jag nothing but trouble

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 12:15 PM
|
Default 2nd Jag nothing but trouble

This is the 2nd Jag we've owned.. is it only me or do you all have tons of problems with these cars??? EVERY other freakin month I have an issue. 78,000 miles and it's been a huge Pain since 24,000 miles. NOW it's the touch screen ...AGAIN... 2nd time in a little over a year... it's BLANK ... no heat not radio... no camera...
I'd appreciate some feedback... THANKS !

Old Yesterday | 01:13 PM
Veteran Member

Feedback? Charge the battery fully! Modern cars with multiple electronic modules need full battery voltage to avoid exactly the issues you are having - and many others. This, by the way, is why every luxury manufacturer sells under their own brand name the CTEK battery maintainer…including BMW. This is by no means a “Jaguar issue”.

it would be good to provide the model and year of your car. Of all the (many) cars I have owned, the BMW was the most troublesome. The Jaguars, without exception, have provided years of trouble-free pleasure.

Last edited by sov211; Yesterday at 01:16 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by sov211:
Anglicomarine0326 (Today), Grant Francis (Today), LnrB (Today), sklimii (Today)
Old Yesterday | 04:42 PM
|

Originally Posted by sov211
Feedback? Charge the battery fully! Modern cars with multiple electronic modules need full battery voltage to avoid exactly the issues you are having - and many others. This, by the way, is why every luxury manufacturer sells under their own brand name the CTEK battery maintainer…including BMW. This is by no means a “Jaguar issue”.

it would be good to provide the model and year of your car. Of all the (many) cars I have owned, the BMW was the most troublesome. The Jaguars, without exception, have provided years of trouble-free pleasure.
2011 XF. That's funny.. I've had 3 BMWs all 3 got 150,000 to 180,000 trouble free.. just normal repairs. My 2 Jags have been a nightmare. But.. battery is brand new about 2 months ago with new alternator. Fully charged is the alternators job ..correct?

Old Yesterday | 08:38 PM

Welcome aboard.

Old Yesterday | 10:14 PM

Hi BMWnextTime,

Welcome to the Jaguar Forums! It's great to have you with us.

The place to discuss specific technical problems with your 2011 XF is in the forum for the X250 (the Jaguar factory project code for your car, equivalent to BMW chassis codes).

P.S. I love Jaguars but make a lot more money repairing BMWs (E60, E63, E85, F25 and G30 in right now for thousands of $$$ of work each). The last really reliable BMWs I owned were both E46s.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; Yesterday at 10:33 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Don B:
LnrB (Today), S-Type Owner (Today), sklimii (Today)
Old Today | 02:09 AM

Welcome to the Forums.

Old Today | 08:14 AM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums BMWnextTime,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old Today | 09:36 AM

welcome to the forum - you are in the right place to get your issues resolved quickly so you can truly enjoy the Jag!!!

Old Today | 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

Hello,
I'm sorry your Jags have given you so much trouble.

In answer to your question, No, most of us don't have so much trouble with our Jags, of any age. Mine came to me with a Ton of Deferred Maintenance issues left over from the Previous Owner, which once resolved, it's the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned with the possible exception of my work truck.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

The following users liked this post:
Don B (Today)