New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Alaska in the House!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alaska in the House!!

Hello all'
My name is Shane and I have owned my 97'xk8 for two years and I love it!!! I am a local auto-body&paint shop owner here in Alaska.

I'm a big time car freak I gues is about right! I'm surrounded by friends and family that live and breath cars... So when I came acrossed this convertable jaguar that just got shipped up to Alaska ! I snatched it up within a day of it arriving here!

I'm not in any jaguar club up here 'If there is one' , but I'm going to check on that. I own to many cars & trucks to get onto detail about , but my xk8 is always being complimented up here.. I know it's not an xkr nor is it new, but nobody up here has ever seen one !!

So 'Shhhhh' let's not tell people it the base model

I won't tell you how much I have been offered for it! Maybe I will take an offer one day and get that nice xkr, but I'm content with my xk8.

I don't know how to up load videos or pics , but if anybody would like to see a video of it you can see a little clip on
YouTube under: IJag
Yes that is right 'IJag'
You'll see why....

Glad to be on this form everybody !! You've already helped me with questions and tips

Old 09-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum Shane,

Good to have you with us.
No need for the links you've found your way around already.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:04 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Shane,

I see you're already getting started in the XK8/XKR section.

With your experience and family enthusiasm for cars, you should enjoy the the XK8 and the information here will help you keep it running sweetly.

Your YouTube 'IJag' took me to some very strange clips with not a Jaguar in sight!

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 09-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Default Thanks for the warm welcome

The video YouTube clip is easer to find by typing' IJag jaguar'
Should be the first one that pops up . It's was recorded with my phone and you'll see a reddish picture or xk8 interior.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Shane,

Got the clip now. XK8 looks great - not too sure about the weather. Really looking forward to your input when we get the next thread about driving Jaguars in Winter!

Does the snow ever disappear in your part of the World?

Graham

Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there Shane & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here....

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 09-11-2012, 03:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Good to see an XK8 so far north.

Have fun.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:22 AM

Thanks for all the helpfull info . Can't wait to have time to browse some more threads in the forum!! As for the handling of my XK8 in the winter ? I only drove it twice on the roads and it was a white nuckle experience !! It did ok on Ive , but not so much on snow. Remind you that I didn't have the propper winter tires on it also 'studded'.
Unfortunatly winter is just around the corner agin. It is currently 3'c /37'f as I'm typing this.!.! Burrrrrr
Lately I've been driving the Porsche 'w/o the top' , only with the seat heater , heater on ,and a light jacket on!! Only if the sun is out .

Old 09-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Whow, an XK in Alaska of all places !! DOn't you get a lot of bad weather up there ? How is it with 9 months of snow and ice >

Old 09-12-2012, 04:18 AM

Yeah' i haven't seen another xk up here yet. its kinda nice to have a car that nobody has seen before 'lots of compliments'. As far as 9 months of snow and ice? Not in Anchorage. We get snow around late October early November,but it doesnt stick until December and its usualy gone in April. My XK is only a summer car,so i got all winter to modify it and find a new rear differential. ive been tempted to buy a few more xk's and ship them up here and double my money ,but then i would'nt be the only one!!