New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Allow me to introduce myself my name is...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Allow me to introduce myself my name is...

Hey whatsup? My name is AJ. I purchased an '05 S-Type last year. It was a rocky road at first. (car came from auction, had undisclosed problems-Air conditioning compressor, computer, bad engine gaskets, someone replaced with the wrong spark plugs, new rack and pinion, new computer, brakes, new spare tire, new passenger sun visor, new coolant reservoir, new floormats, and some other stuff.) Either way I got it all taken care of because it was still under warranty and a bit of out of pocket expenses.(a couple grand) I stuck with it because I felt like it was a worthy cause.
But now its perfect!!! I have always wanted a Jag and this one certainly turns heads in Rochester NY where I live. The Seafrost Pearl is very stylish and the body oozes class. This baby doesnt leave the garage unless it is a perfect day!!!
I am a Dj and go by DJ A-Live when on the turntables but all my friends have taken to calling me DJ Jaguar. They seem to think its hilarious. I dont mind anymore. When my one buddy calls me that I call him DJ Mazda and everybody gets a laugh out of it.
Well, I have a bunch of questions and will be posting threads. Thanks to all who help!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum AJ,

Sounds like you had a rough start with the car.
Glad to hear that you got it all sorted.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,909 Likes on 3,211 Posts

AJ, welcome to the forums. I think you will find a lot of very useful information here. There are some very knowledgeable guys around here. So, sit back, grab a cup of Joe and enjoy. I'm sure some of the guys will be a bad influence on you and talk you into some improvements on the car. LMAO.

I see that you are up in Rochester. I'm travelling up there here in 3 weeks for work. We'll have to see about getting together. Atleast that way you can put a name with a face from the site. There are also a few other members from your area. With the weather getting nicer, may want to talk with them and see what you can do about meeting up somewhere for a BBQ or something like that.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Thermo
AJ, welcome to the forums. I think you will find a lot of very useful information here. There are some very knowledgeable guys around here. So, sit back, grab a cup of Joe and enjoy. I'm sure some of the guys will be a bad influence on you and talk you into some improvements on the car. LMAO.

I see that you are up in Rochester. I'm travelling up there here in 3 weeks for work. We'll have to see about getting together. Atleast that way you can put a name with a face from the site. There are also a few other members from your area. With the weather getting nicer, may want to talk with them and see what you can do about meeting up somewhere for a BBQ or something like that.
Thanks for the welcome. Let me know when you will be up. I am always down for some BBQ. Have you been to the Dinosaur here in Rochester?

Old 03-31-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Thermo

Also, how do I find others in my area? I am still green on this site...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,710 Likes on 1,212 Posts

Yo' DJ Jaguar, congrats on getting your S Type on the up side! Besure and post some pictures.

as stated there are alot of guys willing to help out in the S Section of this forum.

BTW there is a meet in Steeler land coming up this June, bunch of us are getting together some from as far away as 500+ miles, myself included, would enjoy to meet you there.

The following users liked this post:
ajmainevents (03-31-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Yo' DJ Jaguar, congrats on getting your S Type on the up side! Besure and post some pictures.

as stated there are alot of guys willing to help out in the S Section of this forum.

BTW there is a meet in Steeler land coming up this June, bunch of us are getting together some from as far away as 500+ miles, myself included, would enjoy to meet you there.
Thinking about it. Plus my wife wants to go to Ikea. LOL

Old 04-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.