New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Another Arizonan

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Arizonan

Hello everybody! Thought I would stop here to introduce my self and am looking forward to being part of this forum.

My name is Westley and last year my grandma past her 2000 S-type to me after getting a new car for herself. Unfortunately the poor thing had seen better days, the interior had been trashed by my cousins, the engine had a broken tensioner and various other problems, and the suspension was shot. The car has since had the engine replace with a 2001 4.0 with only 51k on it, plugs, coils, gaskets and the water pump all replaced, new struts (although I'm still plagued by some bad bushings or something in the suspension ), and untold hours of detailing. The car is well on its way back to its former glory and I'm pretty sure she is happy with her new home.

And then the thing most people will just look at without reading

My father and I removing the old engine

Hmmm well it seems like a majority of my finished pictures have vanished into the abyss of my computer so I will try and get some new pictures this week.

Sadly this is the only crappy picture of my '64 I could find. She is really rough but one of these days I swear I'm getting around to restoring her.

This is my baby. She was my project through high school and has never let me down. Plus who doesn't love a Cobra Jet

These are just a few of my families cars. '56 Bel Air and the '66 Camino are my dads. I will be learning to paint and major bodywork this summer when we restore our '55 Bel Air hard top.

Glad to be part of the gang!

Last edited by G0ofy; 03-14-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:16 PM

Hmmm is there an edit button I am missing? The pictures didnt seem to work coming over from Flickr

Old 03-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,214 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Hello Westely and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for. I see that was taken care of.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 AM
Received 6,337 Likes on 5,522 Posts

Welcome to the forum Westley,

Looks like something is wrong with your links, maybe you can try again.

Gllad to have you with us on the forum.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard westley.....great intro, shame the pics aren't showing. Please try again!!

Great place here with some top techs, great members, plenty of info and some good craic too!

Upgraded you to full forum access so you can enjoy all the sites features

Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 PM

I switched over to image shack and the pictures seem to be working for me. Are they working for everyone else now? Thanks for the welcome!

Wes

Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 AM
Received 6,337 Likes on 5,522 Posts

It's all good for me now.