New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Another newbie

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts
Smile Another newbie

Hi All,

Another newbie joined the forum - and already broke etiquette by replying to a thread before I posted here - sorry.

I bought my 2003 XKR in July of this year, to replace the 2002 3.0L X-Type Sport I had - which is what got me into Jags in the first place.

I always loved coupes, and for many years owned a 92 and a 94 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo. Lovely cars but not as classy as the Jag.

Anyway, my XKR is in black with 20" BBS (Sepang?) wheels. I wanted one without Sat Nav as I like the look of the dash with the dials. The wood is a strange, almost green colour - no ideas what it is but I love it, and the leather is tan (although I have been told it is called 'biscuit'.)

When I got her she looked a little tired on the outside so I fitted a lower number plate plinth and convex mesh grill, had the side reflectors removed and filled, repainted the bumpers and gave the whole body a mechanical polish and wax. Now looks like black glass.

I also wanted a bit more of the V8 noise, so I fitted replacement 'sports' over axle pipes which deepened the note but did not add any volume. I then fitted the rear sections of the exhaust and now it sounds like it should (IMO)

Thanks to reading through this site I have a better understanding of what is available, what is possible, where to get it from and what to look out for. Next job is to follow RevSam's guide on fixing the headrest drive, and then to upgrade the stereo (although now I've got that pipe I haven't switched it on since)

Phew - that was a long 'hi'.

All the best

Neil

Old 08-26-2012, 03:01 PM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Neil,

Great Intro - almost forgiven for the breach in etiquette!

Looks like you've been busy on upgrades and improvements to the XKR. No need to give you a link to the XK8 section as you've already found your way there.

Thanks for adding vehicle details to your signature without being prompted. it helps everyone when reading and replying to posts.

Please also visit the UK Regional section UK - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum for other members and events in this country.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 08-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there Neil & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

Thanks for the intro and info, really good, just missing a few pics...lol

As for the breach of etiquette?...lol
We really only ask that, so that we can officially welcome you guys aboard and make you feel right at home, hopefully get you the best info straight off to help as much as possible.

Anyhow, all good.

Please note - Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 08-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum Neil,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:33 AM
Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks guys - and thanks for opening up the account. I'll post some pics next, and visit the UK section.

Cheers!!