New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

From Audi to Jag

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Audi to Jag

Just moved from an A4 to a XF-SC. HUGE difference, just a better overall car. Great info on here, used it before I made the purchase!

Old 08-25-2012, 05:59 PM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum the_riddler,

Congratulations on the XF and good to hear you found useful information here when you were researching the purchase.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

No need to give you the link to the XF section but please also visit the Mid Atlantic Region section Mid Atlantic - MD VA DC DE WV - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum for other members and events in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 08-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

We have plenty of people on here that have moved between Audi's and Jags including our father, Jim.

Enjoy your time and remember, pics are necessary!

Old 08-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still have my Audi.
a 1995 UrS6.
Love her to pieces! (and back again!!)

Totally different cars (to my 2001 Daimler Super V8 LWB), but both turn heads and stop people when parked!

Both of them VERY MUCH a driver's car.
I don't honestly think i could choose which if i had to give one or t'other up!
Oh the agony!

Old 08-26-2012, 05:58 PM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by LunarWolf
I still have my Audi.
a 1995 UrS6.
Love her to pieces! (and back again!!)

Totally different cars (to my 2001 Daimler Super V8 LWB), but both turn heads and stop people when parked!

Both of them VERY MUCH a driver's car.
I don't honestly think i could choose which if i had to give one or t'other up!
Oh the agony!
Take a look at LunarWolf's list of vehicles - not surprised there's no parking space in London!

Graham

Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi riddler & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to the forum Riddler,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:20 PM

Take a look at LunarWolf's list of vehicles - not surprised there's no parking space in London!

HEHE!!!! All insured, taxed and tested (except the project), and parked off-road..... usually only 2 in use at a time!!!

Funnily enough.... with the LWB, it's ME who can't get a fricking space!!! LoL

Old 08-29-2012, 04:38 PM

Can you talk about how the two cars are different? I'm an Audi fan myself so I would understand the Audi half of the discussion. I've test driven some cars for the Jaguar Alive event. I hope my next car is a Jag.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:24 PM

Well, I'm comparing a 1995/6 UrS6 2.2 injected Turbo and a 2001 Daimler SuperV8 4.0 Supercharged LWB, so the difference will already be worlds apart from a technological aspect.
However, i must also point out that the UrS6 was "futuristic" in it's appearance from the driver's position! Even now, I MUCH prefer the view of the Driver's dash of the Audi than the pretty much run-of-the-mill Jag's.
The whole entire of the Audi is "enchanting". Subtle little stylings dotted around that you don't notice straight away, but just keep appearing when your eyes come across them after four years!!!! The Jag's styling is very plain, and "comfortable". You know exactly what you'll see when you look wherever. Not a bad thing.... just an observation and my own opinion!
Driveability of both cars is very similar... Mainly the stealth mode feels right, and when you need to put your foot down, a "new personality" appears, and the car feel right, in a more aggressive way! Does that make sense?
A bit like Knight Rider........ yeah he looked cool, but when his "SPM" Super Pursuit Mode button was pressed, WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee!!!
The difference is, With the Audi, there's a LOT more feedback from the car, through the road, pedals and wheels, whereas the Jag just gets on with it, and adjusts everything to seem like nothing is different!

Obviously, this is my own opinion based on the two aforementioned cars. I wish i had more time to go into better detail, but hey.... it's not a bad overview!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:11 PM

@ Jim
Thanks!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 PM

@ Wet Jag
I had a 02 A4, with a 3.0 V6. A comparison of the two is really no use. However, I have driven newer A6's.
The performance of the SC is no contest with the A6, not sure about the regular XF.

The styling of the newer Jags is much more eye catching than any Audi, even the new A8 or A7. Now the R8 is in a different class altogether so that stands alone and looks better than the Jag XK.

The interior of the Jag is more ergonomic. However the seats, as we all know do not hug the driver very well. The Audi seats are stitched in sections which prevents the stretching you see in many of the XF seats. The Audi seats are not cooled (at least the ones I drove). Standard paddle shifters are great in the XF and I use them alot. The only paddle shifters I have seen on an Audi is the A8. The ice blue interior lights are better than the red lights in the Audi.

I agree with LunarWolf in regards to the driver feedback. However, the ride in the Jag is much smoother. I do miss the Quattro power distribution, but the getting the rear wheels loose is always fun.