New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Austin H - New XKR - Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 12:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Austin H - New XKR - Dallas

I’m new to both my XKR and Jaguar. I own a 13 XKR with 47k miles. I love her to death. Named her Janis after Janis Joplin. I live in the downtown Dallas Texas area and would love to meet some locals!!!

The following users liked this post:
sklimii (10-09-2023)
Old 10-08-2023, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,107 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin H 85
I live in the downtown Dallas Texas area and would love to meet some locals!!!
There's supposed to be a British Invasion themed car show in the Bishop Arts District on Sunday, October 15, from 4-7pm, the British Emporium in Grapevine is having a car show on Sunday, October 22nd from 11am to 3pm, and to the east in Terrell, they have a British Bash and Christmas Market on Saturday, November 11th from 11am to 4pm and the local Jaguar club is planning to set up a display there. Maybe see you at one of them.

Old 10-08-2023, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by pdupler
There's supposed to be a British Invasion themed car show in the Bishop Arts District on Sunday, October 15, from 4-7pm, the British Emporium in Grapevine is having a car show on Sunday, October 22nd from 11am to 3pm, and to the east in Terrell, they have a British Bash and Christmas Market on Saturday, November 11th from 11am to 4pm and the local Jaguar club is planning to set up a display there. Maybe see you at one of them.
You might see me at a few! Thank you for the great
info! Is there a thread I could join to stay informed?

Old 10-08-2023, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,107 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin H 85
Is there a thread I could join to stay informed?
Not any one single source that I know about. There's some web sites that purport to consolidate Texas car show listings, but they're mostly muscle car and hot rod stuff. You can look at the Jaguar Owners Association of North Texas club website for what they're doing. The Red River Triumph Club is pretty active and posts a lot of British & Euro stuff. A local shop that my XF unfortunately frequents, sponsors lots of shows. But I have a few classic cars, other British, Japanese and domestic and go to different kinds of car shows nearly every weekend. There's always people inviting me to bring my car to their upcoming show or walking around dropping flyers in my seat if I'm not standing next to my car. That's how I find out about most events - the old fashioned way.

Last edited by pdupler; 10-08-2023 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2023, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by pdupler
Not any one single source that I know about. There's some web sites that purport to consolidate Texas car show listings, but they're mostly muscle car and hot rod stuff. You can look at the Jaguar Owners Association of North Texas club website for what they're doing. The Red River Triumph Club is pretty active and posts a lot of British & Euro stuff. A local shop that my XF unfortunately frequents, sponsors lots of shows. But I have several classic cars, a few British, Japanese and domestic and go to different kinds of car shows nearly every weekend. There's always people inviting me to bring my car to their upcoming show or walking around dropping flyers in my seat if I'm standing next to my car. That's how I find out about most events - the old fashioned way.
Fair enough! If you don’t mind, I might PM you once a month to see what’s going on? Hope you don’t mind. Trying to get sorted with the British car gatherings and groups locally. The respectable ones.

Old 10-08-2023, 05:00 PM
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,848 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 10-08-2023, 05:16 PM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forums Austin H,

Good to have you with us.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/ to the X150 forum for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues. You can also use the US Southwest Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-southwest-37/ to find other members in your region.

Please read the guidance for new members ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...ned-up-241802/ ) which answers many of the most frequent questions about getting started.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 10-08-2023, 05:34 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Austin H,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 10-09-2023, 03:32 AM
Received 10,477 Likes on 6,918 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

Old 10-09-2023, 05:11 AM
Received 4,280 Likes on 3,700 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Old 10-09-2023, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,209 Likes on 5,386 Posts

Hello, Austin,
Congratulations on your First Jaguar!
What a Beeeautiful specimen!

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 10-09-2023, 10:13 PM
Default Uncovered salvage and changed course

I found some marks on the title for the triple black Jag and walked away (stolen recover shows on autocheck but not carfax). I hadn’t signed anything and lost nothing. I went with 14 White speed pack XKR and I fly out Saturday to pick it up and drive it home. Had the water pump, belts and seals replaced 5k miles ago. PPI is good.