New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Bagpiping Andy - New member intro

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Received 88 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi All, 1st post here so go gentle, Thanks Jim for the kind words, I don't know about "well respected", but I am an Audi & Diy enthusiast and like to have a go fixing tings and breaking things, I try to fix more than I break, but never usually works that way!!, I am a toolmaker to trade and when my audi allroad wabco compressor was on its last legs I thought I would strip and investigate it, as you see from the link further up you can read the strip and repair for more info.
It turns out that these Wabco units are actually very well made, but the "weak" part was the PTFE piston ring, so either being a tight Scotsman not wanting to pay for a new compressor or using my engineering experience (i think the 1st is more realistic) I decided to make a new ring to try to refurbish the compressor & with great results.

A few of your members got in touch and pointed out to me this compressor can be found on the XJ8, & maybe others, this is what the above discussions have been we have been reading about, so although I am not a Jaguar owner i would like to be a member here if you will have me & if you have any compressor questions feel free to ask me, and i will try to help if i can, any knowledge shared is money saved (or is that the Scots thing again!!)

best regards

Andy

Old 11-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi Andy & welcome aboard, Its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums.

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.

Hope you enjoy the site as much as you do the Audi forum Andy.
If you need any help just either ask a mod or holelr in my direction and we'll be glad to help if we can

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 11-26-2012, 04:10 AM
Received 6,320 Likes on 5,507 Posts

Welcome again Andy.
I'm sure our hot and bothered XJ8 members will be pleased to know you!

Old 11-26-2012, 06:53 AM
Received 88 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for the welcome guys, very friendly, I look forward to helping out if I can, do I need to go & buy a Jaguar now??, 1 allroad for sale!

regards

Andy

Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM
GGG
Received 16,860 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Andy,

Jaguar ownership not essential but I can't understand why anyone wouldn't have one.
Impressive PDF on the Wabco rebuild.
Enjoy the forum.

Graham