New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Belated Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Belated Introduction

Better late than never. I've been posting and lurking here for several months and have gotten some very useful info and help.

I have been looking at and thinking about Jags off and on for a few years and something always came up and I never got around to buying one. I wanted an XJS convertible at first and then I wanted an XK8 and then the XK came out. Wow! Anyhow, to keep this short, by time I got around to be in the market I was looking for an XJS or XK8/R either would do for a first Jag as long as it was clean. I did want as new as I could afford in an XK8/R based on what I read on here. In December I found a '90 XJS, white with tan top, V12, 53k miles, 2 owner CA-AZ car, new tires and very clean. Bought it! It runs very good and on the 200 mile trip home the a/c and heater (climate control?!) worked like it should, or like it wanted to. Temp stayed low side of normal and it drove like a champ. I have a few posts on the forums about a couple of issues, I know hard to believe, that I'm sorting out and making progress with. I did print out Kirby's book, yes, all of it. Plans are to upgrade intake, cooling and electrical. I want reliability first and foremost. I like, on the verge of love, the car more each time I drive it and I'm trusting it more with each improvement.

But wait, there's more. In my search for an XK8/R I spent so much time looking that I started to think about an XK/R, again, whichever I found as long as it was clean and the right car. In May I stumbled onto an '09 XKR Portfolio, charcoal interior with red, I think cranberry, stitching, black top, 1 owner, 14k miles. What can I say, I bought it! I've been very busy lately and have only put about 400 miles on it, but, I love it!

So here I am in So Cal with 2 Jag convertibles, they both attract a lot of attention, I enjoy driving them both, very different cars, but, both are fun to drive and chicks dig 'em!!. I truly see what all the fuss is about!!

I am a very lucky guy!!

Old 06-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Received 6,323 Likes on 5,510 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
A lucky boy indeed, where are the pics?
It's good to hear a of a satisfied XJS buying experience.

You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

And a belated welcome!

Old 06-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Good to hear that you now have 2 great Jags.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there Terry & welcome aboard Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us

Nice intro too thanks for sharing.......but, a really really belated intro.....lol
You ARE a very very lucky guy, I agree
If you don't get pics posted up real quick I feel a ban comming on, so if you have em, post em on up my friend
There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....
as you obviously know.....lol

Jump on in and enjoy the site.................