New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Burgan.d

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Burgan.d

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Jaguar ownership and have recently purchased a used (2 owner)2002 XJ-R with 103Kmi that I find completely amazing. This has got to be one of the most well rounded vehicles I have ever owned. My father is the previous owner of two Jaguars one XJ and an XJS that had a corvette motor swap. Unfortunately the XJS caught fire and that somewhat tainted my view of Jags. However, when I found this Zircon over Charcoal beauty at a local Jaguar lot it spoke volumes to me. I did my research and found that these models received high reviews and once I saw that I was buying below kbb I was sold and the there was the test drive. The minute my right foot pressed the pedal I felt the Big Cat awake and the supercharger purred as if it was being rubbed behind the ear. Needless to say the vehicle is immacculate due to owner one being a corporation and owner two being the type to use only the dealer I purchased at to conduct all service. Truly lucked up. Expectpics and upgrades soon. Looking to raise the HP bar over 600. Wish me luck and it is great to meet you all.

FYI - IMO new Jags do not look like Jags at all. Tata needs to get back to the heritage.

Regards,

BURGAN.D
(Google it)

Old 03-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
Sounds like a great find, don't forget the pics.

You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

The following users liked this post:
Burgan.D (03-30-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21,600 Likes on 8,688 Posts

Welcome to another SoCal Jaaaaaag guy.
You may want to go to the S-Type thread and look at the "Official intake elbow buy thread." A "neighbor" of yours "Quiketz" might have info on getting you more power as you want. His comments are near the end of the thread, it's a long one...
Enjoy

Old 03-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by BURGAN.D

BURGAN.D
(Google it)
I did- is that you? Cool.

Welcome to the site, sounds like you jumped in with both feet and got a great car. Post some pics!

Burgan.D (03-30-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there welcome to Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us

If you add your car details to your signature it will help others to help you much more quickly.

Congrats on the Jag
A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun
In the meantine ......I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
so jump on in and enjoy
Hope you enjoy your time here!!

Burgan.D (03-30-2012)
Old 03-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey
I did- is that you? Cool.

Welcome to the site, sounds like you jumped in with both feet and got a great car. Post some pics!
Yes that is me, I am an "up and coming" lyricist who also has what they call a day job lol. I did score a great find and I love the car. It has surpirsed me in quite a few ways. Got it sideways yesterdays. Traction control remains off at all times unless bad so cal weather creeps in. Thanks for the welcoming.