New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

can a lady get some help? $4200 in repairs thus far & yet a new one!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default can a lady get some help? $4200 in repairs thus far & yet a new one!

Well hello! I bought my '06 x type just under a year ago. 3 weeks after I purchased it (w extended warranty, 77k miles) there was a giant horrible clunking disruption. Towed it to the dealer I bought it from (which also has a ford dealership) they said they would not repair it, but had it towed to a different mechanic.

Replaced transfer case: $950 labor, $2064 parts total- $3014. Took 6 weeks to get back, eventually covered by ext war. Dealership said "that's why we had you buy that". Hmmm.

Coolant leaking while driving 2 mos ago And cant fill gas tank w out it clicking off every 20 secs. Salesman left the dealership to go to another. I don't know what to do so I go there. He gets me a loaner and has nissan mechanics look at it. Replaced coolant reservoir $487.69. Ohh but wait there's more: found evap leak, faulty MAF sensor, faulty vent solenoid, & filler neck leaking. $711.88. Total: $1165.

A week later, cannot add fuel w out it clicking off again.I call the mechanic and tell him. He says dtop it off. Yesterday, receive call it is now the fuel canister, this repair will be another $1000. Now that I am done crying like a girl, because I am a girl, I need to know if this residual repair has anything to do w the earlier fuel replacements.

Should this have been detected the previous time? How terminal is my car at this point? On another note, I asked the dealer if the car had been in an accident before I purchased it. He said absolutely not. I did not receive tje carfax although told I would when I returned to pick the car up. It was not sold "as is" it had limited warranty.

When salesman went to new dealership he dished he thought the one I bought my jag from was unethical. I asked him to pull the carfax and that is when I saw it HAD been in an accident and towed from the site. I am crestfallen over all of this, and I really need some advice here because I cannot trade this out at this point.

I have always owned nice cars...2 mercedes and 2 bmw. I realize I enjoy persnickety vehicles; however, this is beyond anything I have ever experienced and I do not know what to do at this point.

I thank you very much if you can give me some guidance please. elle

Last edited by JimC64; 02-01-2014 at 07:12 PM. Reason: please create line breaks!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Welcome!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Welcome Elle,
Glad you've joined the forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of help over in the X-Type section, and a friendly mod will likely be along any minute to post a link to it for you. Meanwhile, reply to some posts, post your issue in the X-type section, stop by "off-topic" and drop off a mug-shot - you want to get your post count to 10 quickly so you can achieve full access and get the most from your forum experience.

Sounds like you could benefit from finding a good, honest independent Jag tech to help you keep those repair costs reasonable. Can't really work out your location from "cle" but take a look around, there may be a tech here on the forum that is fairly close.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bad Cattitude
Welcome!
hi

Old 02-01-2014, 12:02 AM

I am sorry, I am in the Cleveland Ohio area, and indeed, I need a mechanic here. I am attempting to gain some perspective while in the midst of a trauma!

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (02-01-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 02:51 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Elle,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

The X-Type has certainly been a trail of disaster for you. For the latest fuel issue, guys in the X-Type tech section will be able to offer advice. For a mechanic in the Clevelend area, the Region section is the place to ask the question.

Follow this link X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X-Type forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US Mid West Region forum by following this link Mid West US - IL IN IA MI MN MO OH WI - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

elle,likethemagazine (02-01-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 06:53 AM
Received 4,302 Likes on 3,719 Posts

welcome to the forum - plenty of info and support simply follow the links Graham has provided - hope you can get the issues resolved quickly so you can truly enjoy!

Old 02-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Received 6,324 Likes on 5,510 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Elle,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 02-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts
Cool Sounds like legal assistance required! :(

Hi Elle,

I am dismayed at your disposition and you will need to get legal help and keep hold of any paperwork!!

Don't give up, I believe you have a serious case for redress!

Hang in there and I hope some people from the forum in your area (Cleveland Ohio), and with a little legal understanding you will get help and well done for coming here, YOU are in the RIGHT PLACE!

Our US members are pretty much on the ball and keep posting to update us, GOOD LUCK!
Regards, Stu

Old 02-01-2014, 05:02 PM

Thank you for your encouragement, Stuart. And hello to everyone, I apologize if I did not follow the appropriate protocol, I am learning how to navigate this forum. I do appreciate the helpful links. This has been a demoralizing ordeal to say the least, and beside the sinister undertones of all things considered, this is extra upsetting because of the following:

I have a deep admiration and respect for luxury and the luxury experience. My career is based around this concept. As a luxury consumer, I make my choices based on the expectation of not only exceptional performance, but the grand experience in its entirety. This is not simply a car for me. It is not just a mode of transportation by way of utilitarian method. It is every mile between destinations. All experiences within them. To travel along my favorite roads and just enjoy all of it. It is not just a car. It is liberation. It is freedom. It is an exercise in decision. It is the choice to believe in the beauty and eloquence of a creation that came from a brilliant mind and manifested into something material and tangible. It is extra sensory. To notice variation in the sound of an engine shifting or running in different gears. How could I be expected to compromise all of this for something so linear as utilitarian?

Stuart Beattie (02-02-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

Old 02-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi Elle,

From what you have said the dealership failed to inform you of the accident "pre-purchase".

Also, did they give a reason for with-holding the carfax?

If you can ascertain that the "accident" contributed to the state and integrity of the vehicle you purchased in "good faith" and information was with-held then they should be deemed "absolutely and totally LIABLE!"

Why did they have the car for 6 weeks and why a nissan dealer?

The transfer case could have been on the "way out" but I would try and identify any work/service or maintenance (And EXACTLY WHAT DAMAGE was inflicted ?) done to the vehicle beforehand as that will be pivotal in defining your case to a fair and reasonable conclusion in your favour?

A good mechanic who knows X Type Jaguars and a good legal person will stand you in very good stead and even though we are miles apart, I like you and heartily congratulate you on your eloquence and poetic vocation!

If you believe in the Dream, You shall Live it!

Good Luck for now Elle, Stu