New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Chuck Sr's Garage Queen

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chuck Sr's Garage Queen

I've joined this website on behalf of my father. He recently passed away and we are working to maintain his beloved Jaguar 1999 XJR, Supercharged with just over 25,000 miles on it.

He lived in Michigan and we are in Virginia, so helping Mom with his car hasn't been easy. It is in great shape, but hadn't been driven for about a year and would not start. She was nervous about the people who were knocking on the door, saying that they wanted the car.

We made arrangements to have it towed to local dealer, who then wanted over $2000 for fuel pump. Thought this wasn't good, and had it shipped to our home in VA. This came with some resistance, but, thank goodness for great transport.

Car is here, but trunk lining loose and wires disconnected. Now, on to lot's of troubleshooting before dragging it to another dealer. Your site has been a wealth of information so far, and it is much appreciated. I'm hoping to post some photo's of those wires to see if you experienced Jag lovers can help.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:57 PM

*p.s. - the resistance was not from Mom, but from the dealer.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forum

The following users liked this post:
ChuckSrsJag (08-24-2014)
Old 08-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums ChuckSrsJag,

Good to have you with us.
Sorry to hear about your father
You will find all the tech help and advice that you need here XJ ( X308 ) XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and try and drop in the regional section too USA Mid Atlantic - MD VA DC DE WV - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

ChuckSrsJag (08-24-2014)
Old 08-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,348 Likes on 5,432 Posts

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my own father almost a year ago.
It's good you got the car away from that dealer before he took apart anything else. That he released the car (even under duress) without at least putting wires back in the proper places speaks volumes about his professionalism and character.

You've already discovered the treasure trove of expertise in these forums, and that everyone here will gladly help you with your Jaguar problems.

Welcome from ElinorB.
(';')

ChuckSrsJag (08-24-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 03:23 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum ChuckSrsJag,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums. I sorry for your loss but it's good to hear you are so determined to keep your father's XJR running.

Follow Norri's link in post #4 to the X308 forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

ChuckSrsJag (08-24-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 04:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 898 Posts
Default Welcome to Jaguar Forums

Welcome Chuck ... and greetings from Australia.

Excellent advice from Norri and Graham; and Elinor speaks for many more of us in expressing both our condolences at the passing of your Dad, and the warmth of her welcome.

As you are finding, there are great resources here to help you fix then maintain your Dad's XJR. What a great legacy to inherit - not a money thing, but the responsibility for making good again your Dad's passion.

All our sincere best wishes ... and yell if you need help,
Ken

The following 2 users liked this post by cat_as_trophy:
ChuckSrsJag (08-24-2014), LnrB (08-24-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

ChuckSrsJag (08-24-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 02:14 PM

Thank-you, for all of your kinds words, support, and advice. Still learning how to navigate around the forum correctly without making too many mistakes.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,348 Likes on 5,432 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckSrsJag
Thank-you, for all of your kinds words, support, and advice. Still learning how to navigate around the forum correctly without making too many mistakes.
We are not concerned about mistakes navigating these forums. We are here to help people like you fix their Jaguars. You're doing Just Fine.
(';')

The following 2 users liked this post by LnrB:
cat_as_trophy (08-24-2014), ChuckSrsJag (08-24-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 898 Posts

+1 to what ElinorB said (again!)

This forum thing is almost unbreakable ... and comes with few rules; mainly about treating others with respect, especially when you disagree with something or someone. Courtesy is contagious too! There is no such thing as a stupid question. If you think you can help, say so ... many Eureka light bulb moments have come from a fresh mind looking at an old problem. And if you have been helped give a "Thanks" (as you did).

So Chuck, go exploring around the forum. Learn how to move around. Explore both your Regional and Model specific forums and use the Search Tools to research your XJR issues; then ask away.

Best wishes,
Ken

ChuckSrsJag (08-25-2014)
Old 08-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

ChuckSrsJag (08-25-2014)
Old 08-25-2014, 12:12 PM

I appreciate the hospitality, but don't want to over do it with all of the "thanks" either. Plan to post more info about my family and cars, etc. ASAP.

I've been searching high and low for some answers, but must confess I am a novice that likes to troubleshoot the obvious before going to the pros for help. I plan to post a photo of our fuel pump/trunk wiring question in (hopefully) the appropriate place.

Have a great day all!

...and Thanks again