New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

From Connecticut, do you want this XJS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Connecticut, do you want this XJS?

I'm joining as a desperate attempt to find someone who might want a 76 XJS. It's in bad shape, though the front end is in good shape.
I've always loved these cars and jumped WAY too fast to grab this car without seeing it. The 12 cylinder engine is intact. There are some good parts on it for sure.
I would have posted in the Classified forum but my account is too new or something.
Anyway, I was in the USVI working with FEMA from Oct 18 - Dec 1. I saw this car for cheap (first red flag) and thought I had to have it. I intended to do a conversion kit to Chevy engine. Anyway, the car isn't sound enough to do the conversion.
Any ideas on what to do with it. I'm interested in ALMOST giving it away. I don't mind a loss at this point. I'm kind of bummed out actually. I guess I deserve it but the guy who sold it to me is about as unethical as any used car salesman. But that's water under the bridge. Any interest out there? It's in CT almost to RI.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:43 PM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

That's as close as you can get to advertising with a first post to the forum without getting an immediate ban.

Advertising on the forum is a service to bona fide members which is why we have a minimum period of membership and a minimum number of posts before members can post in Classifieds.

The forum is not an alternative to ebay, Craigslist etc.

Graham