New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

A Few Question from the Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: A Few Question from the Newbie!

"Hello to all! I have a 2002 Jaguar Type S 4.0 and have a few question about it that I hope can be helped."
-you made the right choice. S-type FTMFW!!! JAJAJA

"I have a New Exhaust System put on it from Quicksilver Exhaust (Purchased from Paramount Performance)that sounds pretty sweet but would like to have it a bit louder. I was wondering if theses little Resonators/Silencers that are on the pipes will make a difference or will it do more harm than good like setting off the service engine light?"
-It will do no harm to remove any of them, but you are surely not going to pass emissions. If you live in Florida, where we don't have emissions testing, then you're OK, however I guarantee that the sound that'll come out will be raspy and ricey instead of deep and strong like most prefer. It's up to you and your tastes. IMO, I would not remove them if you already have an aftermarket exhaust.

"I have also put a K&N Air filter (Told from Paramount that the Air Induction does nothing for power and they did a test to find out)on it and am sending the ECU to Paramount Performance to have the ECU remaped andwas wonder what elese can be done or am I taped out on the Performance end for a standard Type S 4.0. "
-1st) the K&N does help ever so slightly power wise, because the engine breathes better. Maybe not more power, but more consisten power along the power band if you were to dyno it. 2nd) Get me the info for Paramount, seeing as they can re-map an S-type ECU and I'll be sure to buy you a few beers. I've been trying to find a place that'll do it, but to no avail. That's if they are much more affordable than Arden, which charges around a grand.

"Now on a different subject. I have what apears to be the sound of aHelicopter that gets louder when uping my speed on the road that apears to be coming from the left side. My thought is the Hub but wanted some other opions before tearing into this. The sound is more like a truck running Supwe Swampers and going down the Highway but not near that loud more like if the windows are up and the radio down you can hear it."
-Sorry, you're solo here. Hope others can help.

"When the A/C is on I hear a high pitch tickingnoise coming from the A/C system and was wondering if this is normal?"
Not normal, but my S does this as well. It's been doing this for a few thousand miles, and no probs. It usually goes away after you start moving, I'm guessing from the much louder sounds around it. It gets embarrasing in a drive-thru, where I generally turn the AC off. JAJA

"Does the cooling fan come on and stay on once the car gets warm because the moment my car gets warmed up I have a cooling fan kick on and not go off weather the A/C is on or not."
- My car does this as well. This I believe is normal, since the car does anything to stay cool. I would worry though, if the fan stays on after you turn off the car.

"Thanks and sorry for all the question but need help with these."
-You'll be more sorry if you don't post pics....JAJAJA...just kidding. But do post pics. Later!
Donny
[/quote]

Old 07-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI
You should be careful when using a K&N filter. Never spray the oil on the filter when it is still on the car. I would also recommend letting the filter sit for at least 24 hours before putting it back on. I used a K&N filter on a different vehicle and eventually my MAF sensor went bad. I was told that was a common occurance because miniscule droplets of oil would build up on the sensor from the filter and it causes it to fail sometimes.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  7.4 KB

Hey JagtypeS.........[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Jim