New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Finally bought the F Type V8 S!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 10:56 AM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Finally bought the F Type V8 S!!!

So I researched what type of car I should buy for at least a year for a few hours a day. Lol I talked about cars so much my own mother and friends refused to talk to me about what car I should get. I guess all the agonizing and waiting for the perfect car was worth it because I found a beautiful 2014 F type V8 S with 19,000 miles, 1 owner clean Carfax for $36,750.

I think the 2014 f type V8 S is probably the best deal on any sports car for the money. I know a base C7 used could put up a great fight performance wise against a V8 S, but still considering the MSRP of both cars and how much the jag has depreciated how could one really argue you arent getting a better total package for cheaper on the V8 S.

I was worried about reliability so I decided to buy the cleanest car I could find and get a 7 year 75,000 mile waranty. Who knows maybe I'll drive the car to Vegas and back going on some sort of "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas" inspired road trip trying to find out the true meaning of the American dream.

Well in the end of things I test drove a 991 Porsche 911 and did not like it. To me the base 911 just did not have the power and torque that made me smile like a little kid. The 911 most women I showed didn't like to much either lol. Then we move onto the M4 I thought the m4 had it all and then I test drove it and realized it didn't put the power down great, and the turbo charger I absouletly hated. Then to top it off the M4 looks way to close to a 4 series. I actually avoided the F type because I was worried about reliability then after alot of research I realized the f type is a great car and you can have problems with any car. With in 5 minutes of test driving the F type V8 S I was sold, burning out at a stop light on accident was just icing on the cake😎. I would love suggestions for mods to add to this car.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:00 AM
Old 07-03-2020, 12:44 PM
GGG
Received 16,843 Likes on 12,184 Posts

Welcome to the forums Mad Scientist,

Good to have you with us.

I can see you've already found your way to the F-Type forum so there's no need for a link to it from me. You can also use the US Western Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/western-us-ak-ca-nv-ut-hi-wa-id-38/ to find other members in your region.

Please add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 07-03-2020, 04:53 PM
Received 3,911 Likes on 2,835 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,203 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
So I researched what type of car I should buy for at least a year for a few hours a day. Lol I talked about cars so much my own mother and friends refused to talk to me about what car I should get. I guess all the agonizing and waiting for the perfect car was worth it because I found a beautiful 2014 F type V8 S with 19,000 miles, 1 owner clean Carfax for $36,750.

I think the 2014 f type V8 S is probably the best deal on any sports car for the money. I know a base C7 used could put up a great fight performance wise against a V8 S, but still considering the MSRP of both cars and how much the jag has depreciated how could one really argue you arent getting a better total package for cheaper on the V8 S.

I was worried about reliability so I decided to buy the cleanest car I could find and get a 7 year 75,000 mile waranty. Who knows maybe I'll drive the car to Vegas and back going on some sort of "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas" inspired road trip trying to find out the true meaning of the American dream.

Well in the end of things I test drove a 991 Porsche 911 and did not like it. To me the base 911 just did not have the power and torque that made me smile like a little kid. The 911 most women I showed didn't like to much either lol. Then we move onto the M4 I thought the m4 had it all and then I test drove it and realized it didn't put the power down great, and the turbo charger I absouletly hated. Then to top it off the M4 looks way to close to a 4 series. I actually avoided the F type because I was worried about reliability then after alot of research I realized the f type is a great car and you can have problems with any car. With in 5 minutes of test driving the F type V8 S I was sold, burning out at a stop light on accident was just icing on the cake😎. I would love suggestions for mods to add to this car.

Now you've gone and done it!
Where do I start?
Not much needed on the gizmos, gadgets and bling front as it seems to have come pretty loaded as is.
Number one by far is to fit some decent tyres, assuming it came with the crap OEM Pirelli P-Zeros.
The top choice around here is the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
You will be amazed at the improvement in traction, grip, road holding and handling!
Then lower it a little, the VAP drop of 7/8" works well, and fit 15 mm or 17 mm spacers (depending on wheels). That combo will hugely improve the stance and make it look how it should have come from the factory.
Next up is a pulley and tune, taking it from a measly (coff) 495 hp to 620+. But not until you have gotten used to it in stock form and are looking for a little more shove and throttle response.
Consider disabling the stop/start, many including me find it's a real pest and doesn't belong on a car like the F-Type. Easy 5 minute job.
But probably the most important "mod" of all is to at least halve the oil change interval from 12 months to six months. Get a vacuum pump and it becomes a quick and easy DIY.

The following 2 users liked this post by OzXFR:
Grant Francis (07-03-2020), Mad Scientist (07-06-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 10:41 PM
Received 10,451 Likes on 6,900 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

The following users liked this post:
Mad Scientist (07-06-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 02:28 AM
Received 6,319 Likes on 4,369 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:40 AM
Received 4,256 Likes on 3,690 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!

Old 07-04-2020, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,171 Likes on 5,372 Posts

Hello,
Congratulations on your new Jaguar!
Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 07-04-2020, 09:30 AM
Received 6,302 Likes on 5,490 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Mad Scientist,

Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 07-06-2020, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Norri
Welcome to Jaguar Forums Mad Scientist,

Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help
Finally figured out how to add my signature with a phone lol.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Now you've gone and done it!
Where do I start?
Not much needed on the gizmos, gadgets and bling front as it seems to have come pretty loaded as is.
Number one by far is to fit some decent tyres, assuming it came with the crap OEM Pirelli P-Zeros.
The top choice around here is the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
You will be amazed at the improvement in traction, grip, road holding and handling!
Then lower it a little, the VAP drop of 7/8" works well, and fit 15 mm or 17 mm spacers (depending on wheels). That combo will hugely improve the stance and make it look how it should have come from the factory.
Next up is a pulley and tune, taking it from a measly (coff) 495 hp to 620+. But not until you have gotten used to it in stock form and are looking for a little more shove and throttle response.
Consider disabling the stop/start, many including me find it's a real pest and doesn't belong on a car like the F-Type. Easy 5 minute job.
But probably the most important "mod" of all is to at least halve the oil change interval from 12 months to six months. Get a vacuum pump and it becomes a quick and easy DIY.
I have shitty tires called proxes 4 plus right now lol, I will try to get the high quality michelin 4 S you mentioned as my first upgrade. I will look into lowering the car and getting the spacers, I'll trybto find some pictures so I can see what that looks like. Insadly can not get a tune because I bought like a 7 year 75,000 mile $50 deductible warranty with the car. The horse power is more than enough for me right now I am coming from a 230hp 2007 bmw 3 series coupe, but maybe in the future I might get a tune depending on how it effects the whole waranty. I am thinking about getting the car wrapped in the future maybe. I also am thinking about adding carbon fiber to the side skirts, the front fender splitter, and those two air vents on the top of the hood. I would probably just wrap those mentioned pieces in a carbon fiber wrap to save money.