New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

First time forum user--XJ6 '96

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time forum user--XJ6 '96

My name is Saub, I live in Indiana and just purchased my first Jag XJ6 that I just happen to run across while posting my current car for sale on there. I'm hoping the value of pontiacs solstice's regains some grounds and stops depreciating so quickly. It's a wonderful car, but I just got married about.a month ago and figured it's time to get rid of it, I also don't enjoy every single car driving by looking at me anymore. I took off all the lettering and insignias when I got the solstice so it was fun having the only one in town for at least a year where people would break their necks trying to figure out what in the world it was. I just emailed an exec at GM to get his view on whether the poor current auto market is dragging down my used car value because they are giving such good deals on brand new cars, but we'll see. I'm hoping the limited supply and the fact thar most people have Automatics will make mine regain some of it's value.
I had to get that out, I'll only talk about my Jag for now on in here. How do people post pictures next to their profile name?

Old 07-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,450 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Hi and welcome to the forum. As a '96 your car is an X300 model so you should post in that forum. It is really a curvy edition of the previous XJ40 model, but the engine was improved. These X300s were the best Jaguars ever for reliability, but of course they are now getting quite old so wear and tear will have taken its toll.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Welcome, Saub: and congratulations on the wedding, but more importantly, on the car purchase! Yes, that generation XJ6 is widely respected as one of Jaguar's best. Take care of it, stay on top of the niggles, and the car will most certainly take care of you.

Cheers,
Scott

Old 07-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you, i appreciate it

Thank you very much. I'm pretty excited everytime I open up the garage and see it sitting in there. They are beautiful. I appreaciate the info on the car, I came to this forum (never used one before) so I can learn all I can.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.