New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

First time poster second time owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time poster second time owner

So I just purchased my second X-Type last night. I went to a local dealership that has been in the area for 14 years. They pick up most of their cars from auction and had 3 for me to choose from. All were 2004 X-Type 3.0. I decided on the Zircon with 75,000 miles on it and the in dash factory navigation. My sacrifice was about 6000 miles and drivers side lumbar support. I believe this car to have the "Sport Package" as it has the "S" button that changes shift points by the gear shifter (automatic). I fear that I may be mistaken about the package, though. As I have read today that it should have a rear spoiler and 18" rims. It has neither. It does however have the xenon headlights that came with that package as well.

So, does anybody know a reliable method to check the VIN for what factory installed options came with the car?

Also, this is very odd, The car has the backup sensor modules under the rear bumper assembly but it makes no audible noise when approaching an object while in reverse. The owners manual that was included with the car states that there should be an on/off switch directly behind the sunroof button on the ceiling of the car. There is not one there?!? very odd indeed.

Also, the navigation seems to work great EXCEPT for the fact that the voice is not there. There is no audio commands that come over the speakers. I have adjusted any and all audio settings that I could find in the navigation menu and the manual. She just does not want to say a peep.

My mother and father (Jag owners of a 2004 XJ-8) have informed me that the Jaguar owners manuals are NOT to be trusted at all...

So I guess to sum it all up, Hello all and thanks in advance for any future advice and help. Any suggestions on where to start??!?!

Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,455 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Hi

If its any help, my XJ6 (X350 model) reverse warning only starts to sound out when I get near to an object, although I am not sure how near in inches.

You are better off without the bossy navigation voice. Take a good map. Its better if you work out your own route, and you get to stop and admire the view too.

Wheels - big wheels and skinny tyres are not very comfortable, stick to what you've got, it'll be less harsh and choppy to ride in. They are better if you want to go round race tracks a lot, of course.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, I agree completely but alas, my beautiful fiancée has full intentions to commender the car for her new recruiting career. She will be traveling ALOT in the city and the nav voice should help us avoid unsightly and costly rear-enders while she is looking at the screen.

The back up sensors and the tire size are more of a case of the "what in the world" Why does the factory manual say there is a button when there is none? Why do factory specs say it has 18" rims when they are not. Neither were must options for the purchase. After reading numerous posts, it seems that this is to be expected... like the "cold weather package" without windshield warmer.

Thanks for the response!!

Old 07-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Welcome, you can check out X Type Forums for FAQs and cool tips .
Enjoy your ride

Old 07-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the site buddy
+1 on Caddies comments per checking out the X type section.
All the best

Old 07-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howdy 2004 X

Welcome to the forum!