New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Good day Jag enthusiasts!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good day Jag enthusiasts!

My Name is Mika Kindt,
21 yo from Utrecht, the Netherlands.

I've been a car guy since I could understand what cars are and what they do. As a 4 yo child I didn't fell asleep with a teddy bear or some sort, but I parked all my scale model cars around my bed, and picked one to hold in my hand while I fell asleep.

Since I could identify car names and models I became a big fan of Jaguar cars. In the 90's the X300 models, which I really liked, were in production and I fell in love with the XK8 models later.

Years and years later I still had the Jaguar dream and since I still live with my parents and have a good full time job I could finally afford driving one.

That's when I bought my first car in November 2012. A 7/1997 XJ Executive 3.2 in brooklands green. It had 240.000km's on it when I bought it for 1800 euro's.

It was quite rugged but it was mine and it was strong. Had some issues with it of course, and I received a curse: Coolant problems. Since the water pump went in this I always had problems with leaking coolant with this car and now even with my new one.

Yeah, I don't own this anymore. Sold it 6/2014 and bought my absolute dream car. A black Daimler Super V8 LWB that I met in may 2013. The owner had it for sale quite a long time, he didn't want to sell it to just someone, and since we became friends I was the man he wanted to sell it to. It was quite a bit above my budget, but hey, it's my dream car... I met the owner at a meeting organized by the Dutch Jaguar Forum I am very active at.

Here is my Daimler Super V8 'Black Beauty'

I's an amazing car.
Some impressive specs too, just by modifying the ECU and gearbox module by OBD computer (I know a smart mechanic who did this)
0-100kmph (0-60mph) in just 4.6 Seconds
Top speed reached by previous owner: 277kmph

Yes, the limiter is off!

But most important, it drives like a dream. Comfortable and still very dynamic. It can go from a luxury limousine to a super fly rocket in just one movement by your right foot. Pulverizing the ego's of owners who think they have one of the fastest cars around that could 'easily beat that big, fat and heavy black piece of British metal'
Nope, think again, you have plenty of time for that trying to catch me at the next set of lights...

So, I hope that gives you a good idea of what I drive. AMA and i'll reply.

I have a very interesting story about replacing the headliner 'Dutchman style' for you guys, so stick around!

Have a good one!
Cheers.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,178 Likes on 5,374 Posts

Ooo! Black! My Favorite!
Welcome, Mika, from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 02-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Received 6,319 Likes on 4,369 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 02-16-2015, 03:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Great looking car!

Old 02-16-2015, 05:42 PM
GGG
Received 16,845 Likes on 12,184 Posts

Welcome to the forum Mika,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums. Thanks for the great Intro.

Follow this link XJ ( X308 ) XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X308 forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the Europe Region forum by following this link Europe - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 02-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Received 4,267 Likes on 3,691 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Using JF "How To"

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:00 AM
Received 6,303 Likes on 5,491 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Mika,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help