New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Got my dream car now all I need is it to stop raining

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Got my dream car now all I need is it to stop raining

Hi thought it was about time I treated myself. I had always wanted a convertible and looked at Porsche , BMW, Mercs but being British it had to be a Jag. Next question was how much to spend as it would be a fair weather car so with our weather didn't seem a lot of point tying up a lot of cash. Finally as had just sold our boat wanted something I could spend my time doing odd jobs on.

So found a 2001 XKR Convertible at really good price all the important things are ok ie FSH,bodywork and interior in good condition for age as is engine.

What is even better is my wife and children love it. Although a bit worried when my neighbour thought it was my wife's new car as she had been driving it quite bit. Soon corrected that? My children would also like to drive it but after saying we had been quoted £3000 they changed mind.

It is a dream car bringing a big smile every time I drive it but must control that urge to floor it and get that kick in the back.

Have already done a few jobs on it sorting out the parking sensors and wing mirrors and it seems a good car to work on although sure it has some difficult jobs. It also seems spares are stil readily available but must remember it's a Jaguar so new parts aren't cheap but plenty of secondhand bits?

Any this is first of my 10 posts so hope to do more over next few days

Old 07-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Welcome Paul!

Congratulations on the "new to you" car. You're really going to
love it. What color is it? (Maybe you answer this in another thread)

The following users liked this post:
PaulJ (07-22-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 04:55 PM

Thanks for the welcome, my car is dark blue, think that's Sapphire. With ivory interior and 20" Detroit wheels. We did look at a red one and were very tempted but just felt then blue was more us.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Received 6,338 Likes on 5,523 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

I hope you get enough sunshine to get the top down this summer.

The following users liked this post:
PaulJ (07-22-2011)
Old 07-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Well the forecast looks a bit more promising.

You can tell I'm British always going on about the weather!

Old 07-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forum Paul. I am only half British (my mother). But we talk about the weather alot also. Here in the Ohio Valley, we say if you don't like the weather, just wait tomorrow and it will change. Its hot and humid today and will probably just be hot tomorrow.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:41 PM

I hear you have a severe heatwave in mid America? Trust it's not too bad.

Often what you have comes across to us so maybe we might get a summer but hopefully not as severe.

Anyway I suppose shouldn't turn this into a weather thread but with the amount of rain we have had I have now added reproofing the convertible top to my list of jobs?

Can anybody suggest a good product to clean and waterproof the roof

Old 07-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,214 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

One other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Also, should you have questions related to your vehicle please post it in the section for your model year (MY) car. This way you will reach all the members that are familiar with your MY car.