New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Greetings!

Hello all!

I'm not new to Jaguars (nor English cars in General) currently I have a 1989 Vanden Plas (for sale!) and a 2005 XKR Convertible in Black with a Tan interior.

I gotta tell you, I love the XKR. Been fixing some small problems and the like and have found this forum to be the BEST reference material around...bar none!

Right now I am working through replacing the power antenna mast, a brake switch replacement and am looking for the trim that goes around the right side, shoulder height spatial sensor in tan. Also need some missing tools from the toolkit and a few of the cylinders that go through the rear loops in the convertible top cover. Oh yes...a bluetooth solution. I've been reading about those quite a bit. I'll wager I can get the factory bluetooth module to work...maybe!

I'm Located in Upstate NY around 90 Miles NE of NYC and am a bit of a motorhead (petrol head)

In additional to my new favorite XKR and the aforementioned VDP, I have some non-Jaguar vehicles.

I look forward to participating in the forum and will continue to slowly work my way through all 271(!) pages. I'm currently on number 45...still a way to go, but learning lots and lots!

On a more personal note, I work in both the entertainment industry and law enforcement. Yes, I know...two VERY disparate career paths. Keeps me busy.

Rich

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (11-27-2014)
Old 11-27-2014, 06:24 PM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Rich,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

I can see you've already found your way to the XK8/XKR tech forum so there's no need for a link to it from me.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the USA North East Region forum by following this link USA North East - ME NH VT MA RI CT NJ NY PA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 11-27-2014, 06:43 PM

Thanks Graham!

So far, it has been an invaluable reference and resource!

Rich

Old 11-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,345 Likes on 5,432 Posts

Hello, Rich,
You obviously have experience with Jaguars.
Welcome from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 11-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Using JF "How To"

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:15 PM

Jim, Most excellent. I fully intend to participate. So far I have had a steep learning curve on my XKR coming from the '89 VDP and before that a slew of 60's British cars (several Lotuses and the odd Triumph)

The only car I have that could possibly prepare me is a Callaway Twin Turbo 928. It's got lots of quirks like any other 928, compounded by the turbo system and all the additions it required.

Thankfully,
I really enjoy the odd bit of tinkering. It's relaxing! Especially if you have a good reference to turn to.

Thanks again,

Rich

Old 11-28-2014, 04:28 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 11-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!!

Old 11-28-2014, 12:44 PM

Thanks everyone... I've begun posting and working on the XKR in the garage simultaneously...

Stay tuned

Rich

Old 11-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Rich,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 12-01-2014, 06:47 PM

OK...New antenna mast - done. New antenna selector switch - done.
Ordered NAVTV Video splitter to put info on nav screen - done.

Attempt to purge intercooler and fix noisy (perhaps dead) pump - done
Parts ordered to convert to newer Bosch coolant pump for intercooler - done

Homelink repeater installed and tested working - done
Bluetooth for phone (with streaming audio) using built in PHONE buttons and stereo mute - working...

Stay tuned!

Rich