New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Greetings!

My Jaguar ownership dates back to 1978 and an E-type V-12, of which I am on a search to learn more about and possibly re-own.

Actually my love affair began in 1972 when a Primrose yellow roadster came into the dealership in Santa Ana , Ca. traded by a songwriter named Alberts. He wrote the successful song popular then ...Feelings.
He had traded it on a new Jensen Interceptor and it was available for around 12,000. It had barely that number of miles on it, and had a green top and interior. My uncle, a Jaguar owner and lover , told me I was nuts not to buy it, but as a college student, could not afford to own a car of this means. I was making 25 dollar a month payments on a new econo car, a Datsun 1200 getting 35 mpg. and struggling to pay college bills, rent, food, women , etc. It was a regrettable decision to pass up.

After college, marriage, and steady work I found my 71 - E type in my home town of Fargo, ND, where we had just built a new home for an anesthesiologist. He owned the car for a few short years and was selling for reasons unknown, but I later learned he had divorced.
It was the summer of 1977. We bought it, enjoyed it , but regrettably sold it to buy investment property in 1985. It went to a collector in St. Paul, Mn. of oriental heritage. It was Sable with black and carries serial #1S70530.
I would sure love to rejoin the Jaguar community and find my old E-type again. I have looked at many E's, many old series one cars, V-12's, a few newer XK's . We own multiple sports cars of German heritage, but still have a love for the Kitty.
HELP. Its a brutal thing to have un-requited love..........

Last edited by mrgreenjeans; 02-22-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,455 Likes on 1,951 Posts

You'll need to spend a lot more money to own a good one; they are now seriously expensive.

The following users liked this post:
mrgreenjeans (02-12-2012)
Old 02-12-2012, 05:59 PM

I am quite aware of that fact, as in the 8 years of ownership, saw the price I paid, triple in value......and that was about 25 years ago.

The market has seriously corrected itself from the insanity of the late 80's and gotten to be serious money for serious cars. The speculation of the real rats has found the bottom.....they are a dime a dozen. I am not looking to find a replacement...I am looking for the same car. I have heard rumours of its existence and believe its attainable. I just hope it looks as good as when it left my hands and would pay the correct amount to get it back.

FYI, in 1977, the car was purchased by me for the same amount it sold new for at invoice in the spring of 1971. $ 7150.00. I still have the documents. It carries the serial # 1S70530.

And in 1985 when it left our garage, I sold it for 20.
The fact is, even though it is a 2 plus 2, it carries that mystique of an old lover. The fondness never leaves the heart, and the monetary facts become quite secondary in nature.
I will own a roadster, when the right one is found, but to have my old Sable dream alongside its new friends in the garage is a dream I hope to one day see complete.
It should have never been removed from my heart the first time. Maybe it will come back home and find its love once more , waiting for the passion to continue.

Last edited by mrgreenjeans; 02-22-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard the Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us ....Hope you get your wish!!

There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or even just to have a few laughs!

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
so jump on in and enjoy

Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Received 6,323 Likes on 5,510 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Great story, I hope you manage to track her down.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:32 PM

Thank You Jim !!!
Thank You Norri......

Appreciate the kind words and the upgrade......I will use it most certainly.

Just now I noticed Jim you are from Glasgow....my forefathers arrived here in the upper midwest in 1889 from the Firth of Forforshire. The original stone farm house still stands there, and my cousin visited it after he retired a few years back and did a family trace......quite interesting finding relatives we did not know existed.
Appreciate the words of encouragement and hope to be a viable and vital part of the group here, and if you need to point me in a good direction from time to time, please do so with no fear of jeopardy. I need the help from fellow club members and appreciate all the input that good wisdom shared, can inspire.
Thanks !

Last edited by mrgreenjeans; 02-12-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: error