New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings From Arizona! Jaguar XF Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings From Arizona! Jaguar XF Owner

Hello everyone!

My name is Tony and I own a 2011 Jaguar XF Premium, 5.0 V8, with roughly 88,000 miles.

I’ve used these forums for quite some time as I troubleshooted different maintenance issues that came up with my car. From simple oil changes, to replacing broken water heater pump manifolds, to replacing my old AC compressor, and cleaning my throttle body; it’s been a fun learning experience!

I grew up never being taught how to maintain a car on my own and always resorted to paying either a dealership or another mechanic to do the work. Since owning my Jaguar I’ve learned so much about how cars in general function and how to really take quality car of my car and guarantee it’s safety. Overall, I’m very happy I chose to purchase my Jaguar over two years ago and plan to keep a Jaguar in my family for many years to come!

I don’t know a lot yet about Jaguars in general, but if there’s any help I can provide on the forums I’ll be sure to do so!

Thanks,
Tony

Old 09-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,128 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by ToeKnee
I grew up never being taught how to maintain a car on my own and always resorted to paying either a dealership or another mechanic to do the work. Since owning my Jaguar I’ve learned so much about how cars in general function and how to really take quality car of my car and guarantee it’s safety.
Welcome aboard. If I were POTUS, I'd make every kid get their first car the same way I did. My father towed home a late model economy car that had been wrecked, deemed a total loss and said quote "Son, if you can fix it, you can drive it." That wound up starting a lifelong car hobby, but even if I'd never picked up a wrench ever again, I learned enough basics in that first year that it would be very unlikely that any mechanic or dealer service advisor could ever take advantage of me. Most people today are at the mercy of those guys. Because we're all so busy and in a hurry to get our car back, most will agree to fix whatever they say rather than bother with taking it elsewhere for a second opinion. You're starting with a pretty high-tech car compared to the carburetors and clutches I learned on back in the day but we didn't have an Internet back then either, just a public library, so by comparison, you've got it made. With all the smart people on this forum, you can probably fix anything Jaguar can throw at you.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:17 PM
Received 4,054 Likes on 2,909 Posts

Welcome aboard Tony.

Old 09-14-2019, 06:45 PM
Received 6,357 Likes on 5,533 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Tony,
Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 09-14-2019, 09:12 PM
Received 10,583 Likes on 6,991 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,463 Likes on 5,466 Posts

Hello, Tony,
Learning even a small bit about how cars work is nothing short of Empowering! Congratulations on your new found skills!
Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 09-15-2019, 05:07 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:54 AM
Received 4,331 Likes on 3,741 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!

Old 09-15-2019, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdupler
Welcome aboard. If I were POTUS, I'd make every kid get their first car the same way I did. My father towed home a late model economy car that had been wrecked, deemed a total loss and said quote "Son, if you can fix it, you can drive it." That wound up starting a lifelong car hobby, but even if I'd never picked up a wrench ever again, I learned enough basics in that first year that it would be very unlikely that any mechanic or dealer service advisor could ever take advantage of me. Most people today are at the mercy of those guys. Because we're all so busy and in a hurry to get our car back, most will agree to fix whatever they say rather than bother with taking it elsewhere for a second opinion. You're starting with a pretty high-tech car compared to the carburetors and clutches I learned on back in the day but we didn't have an Internet back then either, just a public library, so by comparison, you've got it made. With all the smart people on this forum, you can probably fix anything Jaguar can throw at you.
PDupler, I completely agree. Thank you for sharing your story, I’ll do the same when I have a son/daughter in the future.

To everyone, thank you tremendously for the kind words and welcoming me to the forums!

Old 09-15-2019, 04:40 PM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Tony.

Graham